sczot

FX3GE + FX3U-ENET-P502 + TURCK multiprotocol field buses

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I wanna be sure before I'll spend some money, will I be able to control Turck devices (ie http://pdb2.turck.de/cz/DE/products/000000170000c8000003003a ), from I've found here on forum and on

internet it looks to me like it should be possible, but I'm new in field of automatization.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I'm talking about Modbus

Edited by sczot

Yes Enet-502 provide modbus tcp, you can find libreary in mymitsubishi portal, but better spend money for Fx5u.

1 person likes this

On 9. 12. 2017 at 6:44 PM, Clear.Mind said:

Yes Enet-502 provide modbus tcp, you can find libreary in mymitsubishi portal, but better spend money for Fx5u.

Thanks for reply

I would like to try FX5  too, but we have some FX3GE in spare parts, and this is not number one priority project, so budget is limited.

Ok, now i get pretty confused :(

FX3U-232ADP-MB
FX3U-485ADP-MB
FX3U-485ADP-MBH

Are these just specialized MB cards, or are they able to do more then ENET-502, when it comes to modbus?

EDIT: I'm overmanualed from last few days, even now i've few open, so thanks to anyone who will answer this, even if it is proly just one manual away from me.

Edited by sczot
tired

They have a built in modbus protocol if I understand it correctly.

But a cheaper way is to use the FX3G-485-BD expansion board and download the modbus library from Mitsubishi.

If you use the FX5U as Clear.Mind suggested you'll have a PLC that has all the features you need for this project.

The FX5U is actually cheaper than the FX3GE in my price list, and you don't need to buy any expansion modules.

Modbus TCP and/or Modbus RTU (RS-485) without any problem.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Bryll said:

They have a built in modbus protocol if I understand it correctly.

But a cheaper way is to use the FX3G-485-BD expansion board and download the modbus library from Mitsubishi.

If you use the FX5U as Clear.Mind suggested you'll have a PLC that has all the features you need for this project.

The FX5U is actually cheaper than the FX3GE in my price list, and you don't need to buy any expansion modules.

Modbus TCP and/or Modbus RTU (RS-485) without any problem.

Thanks for explanation about ENET-502 vs modbus cards,
I dont have to buy FX3GE, because its in spare parts, which were canibalized from older projects :D