SolidRio

1 slave to multiple masters

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I got the project where plc Q00UJCPU with the module QJ71MB91 connected to the slave device via 485 channel . This plc takes some values (like current/voltage etc). i dont have access to this plc cause he is on guarantee on another service company. So question is... How to connect to this device as a other plc FX3U via 485ADP-MB (and i think RS command) module in parralel to QPLC already working link? Is this possible without harm QPLC and all the data which he takes?

No, not possible. One "type" of communication on the port will occupy it. Alternatively, you can add more slaves to the Modbus, but that involves the QJ71MB91.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, kaare_t said:

No, not possible. One "type" of communication on the port will occupy it. Alternatively, you can add more slaves to the Modbus, but that involves the QJ71MB91.

I quite dont understand your answer. But arent there the same type of commucation on device thats i need data from? Cause and QPLC and FXPLC will use 485 interface for this. And i red something about some divices thats allow you take data from the existing link, like this:

http://www.iccdesigns.com/millennium-series/12-xltr-1000.html

http://www.miille.com/366-10p-xyz.htm

Can you give advice on this?

You can extend your bus by multiple devices, and for example you can add a gateway like the one you have linked. But to configure these new devices/gateways you need to access the master on the bus (probably the Q-series?). So yes, it is possible, but you need to configure/program the master first. If you can change the configuration then you can change the bus.

1 person likes this