Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
solarboy

RSLogix 5000 version 20

5 posts in this topic

Dear Friends;

Good day. I already installed following version on my workstation RSLogix version 10, 13, 16,17 and 19. Now i have some turbo machinery there logix develop in RSLogix 5000 version 20. If i install version 20 on my workstation is previous activation work or need to activate it separately?

Regards

Solarboy

Your current activation will work. Do you really need v20? That one had some issues with compatibility between minor revisions. If it's a new project, I would recommend using another version. If it's an existing project, I think v20.3 is the one you want that will allow compatibility to all minor revisions.

Read Knowledgebase articles 565204 and 720913 (Access Level: Everyone). Apparently v20.04 has fixed the compatibility issues Joe E. mentioned.

Your username and mention of turbomachinery for which you don't have the tools suggests that you might have some Solar Turbines gear.

I very strongly recommend that you go through Solar Turbines service division for the maintenance and parts for your system.   Solar Turbines has used quite a lot of hardware and firmware custom-made by Rockwell for their systems, and I never assume that ordinary Rockwell components are appropriate for use in an ST system.

If not, then go ahead and use RSLogix 5000 v20.04 and whatever hardware you have.

However, if you have only the old floppy-disk based "EVRSI" activation, it will not activate RSLogix 5000 v20.x software.   Version 19 was the last version that supported that old activation.

If you have the modern FactoryTalk Activaiton, it will work with the same activation as your older versions.

If you have the old floppy-disk activation, Rockwell will "upgrade" it to the modern Factory Talk Activation without charge (at least they didn't charge us...).