4 posts in this topic

So I need some help with a program I am currently making, and wodnered if there was an easy way to make it. The function I need help with is this: There are 4 pumps, and 1 of them is going to start, after 10 sec shall the next start, so 10 sec after that the third one. And so like this it continues. But heres the clue. The pump which have been used the least is going to start first, if it is pump 1 that have been used the least, or if pump 3 has been used the least. If you know of any function block, or other way I can do to make this work, I would love the help.

(I know of the comparison blocks less than and more than, but with these I only can think of 1 way to make this work. And it would be over 48 function blocks, which I personally think is too much)

It's unclear, why you mention repeatedly function blocks. For me, there is no need in them.

And formulate the task completely. In which order the remaining pumps should start, after the first one? Also in descending order of their usage?

http://accautomation.ca/plc-programming-example-delay-starting-of-7-motors/

The above thread is a programming example of delaying the start of 7 motors. Each motor has a switch that the operator can select at any time. The motor outputs should have a 5 second delay between the outputs coming on.
If you know the order that you want to start the pumps then you can modify the code above to match your application.

Regards,
Garry

Hmm.. I know about your system, i think is a booster system. 

I work everyday with that, sometimes up to six pumps. I suggest you learn about secuential system, 'Mealy diagram' and 'Moore diagram', is like a status logic. For example, the last status clean the previous state. Check the file. 

How did you developing your system? Like  me?

Regards!

MAPA.pdf