luk2011

Direct Ethernet Connection Error to NJ501-1320

6 posts in this topic

PLC : Omron NJ501-1320 V1.10 with Dbcon V1.02 - i've buy it used , but i've Clear All Memory

NJ/NX series CPU unit built-in EtherNet/IP Port user’s manual (W506)

Sysmac Studio : 1.18

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit , Laptop , with Wireless card enabled / disabled ( i've try it both of situation ). I've try it with gateway and without gateway setup also .

Direct USB Connection work

Direct Ethenet Connection : - ping to Ethernet IP : 192.168.250.1 work

Ethernet : Test = OK

Green and Yellow LED's are ON continously ( are not blinking ) in Ethernet IP Port of NJ PLC

But when i try to go : Online i get an error ( please look attached pictures )

I've try it in Safe Mode ( DIP Switch 4 to ON ) to connect with Direct Ethernet Connection but without any succes .

In Program Mode i've Clear All Memory

What i'm doing wrong ? What's the problem ? Why doesn't let me to connect to PLC with Direct Ethernet Connection ? The PLC it was Error Mode , it was not in RUN .

But after i've Clear All Memory , it's Empty and in RUN Mode .

Maybe it's Socket issue ? I've reset it also the PLC

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Edited by luk2011

I do not use these but with the older PLCs I always set up the Ethernet card first with the USB cable. Then all is good.

Sysmac Studio have a utility called : "Direct Ethernet Utility"

With Direct Ethernet Utility i've managed to work , and i've connected Sysmac Studio to NJ PLC .

The thread can be closed .

thank you

Direct_Ethernet.jpg

Direct_Ethernet1.jpg

Edited by luk2011

Direct Ethernet Utility asks during the installation which Ethernet port to connect to.  Keep in mind most computers have at least 2 (one wired and one wireless).  Make sure it's attached to the right port and you're all set.

How did you clear all memory if you can't get online with it?

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Direct Ethernet Utility asks during the installation which Ethernet port to connect to.  Keep in mind most computers have at least 2 (one wired and one wireless).  Make sure it's attached to the right port and you're all set.

How did you clear all memory if you can't get online with it?

Direct Connection via USB it worked . So i've cleared all memory with USB connection .

I've thinked the Direct Ethernet Connection doesn't work because the CPU have a software inside ( i've buy it a used NJ501 , and not a brand new ) , and i've decided to clear all memory with USB connection .

I've read it here in forum you ( Crossbow )  use Ethernet Connection for CPU NJ programming , and not USB connection . And i want it to make to work the Direct Ethernet Connection also .

But now , with Direct Ethernet Utility the Sysmac connect it to CPU through Ethernet also , not just through USB .

Edited by luk2011

Direct Ethernet utility cannot be changed from the PLC, so there is no way a program inside the CPU can disable it or make it not work.  It's entirely a utility that runs on the PC side.