marcinmrag

edit time variable in Recipe NA HMI

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to use one recipe parameter which is time variable. But I have problem to use time variable in HMI recipie. Can someone help me with this? How i can handle this? I can put value in INT but how can i convert it to TIME in PLC program?

1 person likes this

Look for NanoSecondToTime, or MillisecondsToTime instruction in NJ. You put LINT valeus of Timespan in Nanoseconds / Milliseconds in HMI then convert it to time by program.
If your time requires Hour, Minutes, Seconds, you can put each individually then calculate the total value in Nanosecs / Millisecs before converting to Time.

Alternatively you can implement a Custom Time Keypad in NA to input Time values directly to Time variables, although it's more complicated (requires VB Scripting)

1 person likes this

@innoaloe

Do you have an example of using the custom time keypad to edit the time variables directly?

This would be very much appreciated.

Hello !

I found this topic while searching an easy way to edit TimeSpan tags in an NA-5 HMI.

Is the EditVariable() method the only way to use a TimeSpan keypad?

Using a Press Event is somewhat clunky because it doesn't seem we can pass arguments to methods called that way.

I have 16 PIDs I need to make configurable via HMI and their I and D gains are in the TIME/TimeSpan datatype.

I'm not aware of an elegant method. I don't use the TimeSpan data type in the NA. I create Functions in the controller that will convert REAL to TIME and TIME to REAL (in seconds), then enter my time in [Seconds].[Fraction of a Second].

The commands in the controller are NanoSecToTime and SecToTime, there is no millisecond variant.

57 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

The commands in the controller are NanoSecToTime and SecToTime, there is no millisecond variant.

This is correct. For the purposes of reading and writing time to/from the HMI, I create the following custom Functions:

REAL_TO_TIME

REAL_tmp:=In*REAL#1000000000;
LINT_tmp:=REAL_TO_LINT(REAL_tmp);
Out:=NanoSecToTime(LINT_tmp);

TIME_TO_REAL

LINT_tmp:=TimeToNanoSec(In);
REAL_tmp:=LINT_TO_REAL(LINT_tmp);
Out:=REAL_tmp/REAL#1000000000;

I am new to SYSMAC.

I came across this trying to work out how to convert time to real. Some handy hints thanks.

Real to time is simple with "MULTIME" function. I am surprised nobody mentioned it.

Simply put time units for the first variable eg T#1s or T#1h. Then put real value (or any data type) in second variable and output will be correct time variable.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:23 PM, IO_Rack said:

This is correct. For the purposes of reading and writing time to/from the HMI, I create the following custom Functions:

REAL_TO_TIME

REAL_tmp:=In*REAL#1000000000;
LINT_tmp:=REAL_TO_LINT(REAL_tmp);
Out:=NanoSecToTime(LINT_tmp);

TIME_TO_REAL

LINT_tmp:=TimeToNanoSec(In);
REAL_tmp:=LINT_TO_REAL(LINT_tmp);
Out:=REAL_tmp/REAL#1000000000;

Thanks IO_Rack. I was looking for this solution. Works perfectly.