Aneesh

CP1E Analog input connection and programming

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am using Omron CP1E NA 20DTD with built-in ANALOG inputs and output. I know how to deal with digital inputs. But I have no idea about analogue input wiring and programming. I tried connecting gefran LVDT PY2 directly to an analogue input of plc. But the indicator light did not turn on.
Do I need to use any signal conditioner or converter? The output of lvdt is 0 to 25volts.

I HAVE ATTACHED THE DATASHEET OF LVDT.

DTS_PY2_06-2016_ENG.pdf

PLC analog inputs are designed for 0-5v, 0-10v, +/-10V, not for 25 volts.

that is not LVDT, it is a linear potentiometer... 

read datasheet, it tells that max current through it is 10mA which will be no problem if you power it by 10VDC source. then you can use its output directly although that is not recommended. max wiper current is recommended to be less than 0.1uA.

Ohms law states R=V/I = 10V/0.1uA = 100MOhm. No analog input on PLC has such high impedance. Usually they have 0.1-1MOhm.

To properly use such device one would need buffer of some sort (voltage follower) with high input impedance.

2 hours ago, panic mode said:

that is not LVDT, it is a linear potentiometer... 

read datasheet, it tells that max current through it is 10mA which will be no problem if you power it by 10VDC source. then you can use its output directly although that is not recommended. max wiper current is recommended to be less than 0.1uA.

Ohms law states R=V/I = 10V/0.1uA = 100MOhm. No analog input on PLC has such high impedance. Usually they have 0.1-1MOhm.

To properly use such device one would need buffer of some sort (voltage follower) with high input impedance.

I connected it to a 12v SMPS and I got the input. But the value keeps deflecting. Do I need to connect ground to terminal AG (Analog 0v)?

Could you suggest me such a     device?

Thanks for your help  

do you know what a potentiometer is? you MUST connect all three terminals.

brown wire is positive

blue wire is negative

yellow wire is analog output...