cuongtran243

APR AND SCL instruction problem

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Can anybody explain APR and SCL commands when using APR or SCL commands. I am using CPU CP1E N20 CPU, analog module MAD01, pressure sensor reading on 4 to 20 mA signal, for control PID ... so I should use the APR or SCL command to output value is correctly.

Edited by cuongtran243

In your opinion, using both commands or which one to use also, I have read some posts, they recommend using the APR,because the APR creates a broken line approximation graph which is useful for converting actual values from non-linear analogue input sources.In my project, I use pressure sensor to read the pressure in the pipe, then use PID control to stabilize the pressure by the set value. I am new to Omron PLC programming, can you explain clearly on this issue. thank you

I use APR most of the time.
To me SCL is a very weird instruction because the scaling result must be different format from the original (Binary to Hex, vice versa)

INNOALOE ,i appreciate your idea,I wonder if I am using the CP1E-N20DRA CPU, if I want to process analog signals, can I use the MAD01 module to connect to this CPU?

1 hour ago, cuongtran243 said:

INNOALOE ,i appreciate your idea,I wonder if I am using the CP1E-N20DRA CPU, if I want to process analog signals, can I use the MAD01 module to connect to this CPU?

Unfortunately cpu with 20 I/O version cannot have any expansion unit installed on it. You need to have at least 30 IO version
And MAD01 is CPM2 expansion unit I believe. Not for CP1E series

hi Innoaloe,

Is there any way to handle the analog signal on this CPU? If there is support equipment, can you guide me? thank you very much

9 hours ago, cuongtran243 said:

hi Innoaloe,

Is there any way to handle the analog signal on this CPU? If there is support equipment, can you guide me? thank you very much

The CP1E N20 will NOT handle any analog signals or expansion models.

The CP1E NA20 does have TWO analog adjuster inputs built-in.

Edited by BITS N BYTES
1 person likes this