Sourav Sau

OMRON CJ2M-CPU11

13 posts in this topic

I am trying to program a CJ2M-CPU11 model. I have one input module CJ1W-ID262 and 4 output module OF CJ1W-OD212. I am trying to do a basic one line program with i/p address 0.00 and output address 4.00.

But after transfer it to plc one error massage is coming. When I checked the error log it was showing i/o settings error. Could you please tell anyone where was my mistake..Please Help...

Go look for IO Table Settings. You need to set it properly. Basically it's to register your ID262 and OD212 so the CPU can identifies the units prior to mapping the I/O address.

1 person likes this

Thank you Mr. Innoaloe... I set this up. And error problem solved. Thanks a lot.

Can you please explain the connection of input terminal of ID262. A1,A2,A3,A4...A20 and B1,B2,B3....B20..

Where to give -ve and where +ve?

Please see the attached information.

The complete specification and additional information can be located in the W393 manual.

CJ1W-ID262_Connections.jpg

Dear All thanks for helping me.. Actually I am beginner with a little knowledge. So please help me.

Another Multi function meter(7KM-PAC 3200) is there. I need to communicate with the MFM and to program in Cx programmer. Please give me some suggestion how to do it. If any video or any file then please send me in my mail id- sourav.sau91@gmail.com. This PLC did not have any Ethernet port and MFM has a ethernet port. So please suggest for communication and also programming and scaling of that MFM meter through PLC.

Just now, Sourav Sau said:

Dear All thanks for helping me.. Actually I am beginner with a little knowledge. So please help me.

Another Multi function meter(7KM-PAC 3200) is there. I need to communicate with the MFM and to program in Cx programmer. Please give me some suggestion how to do it. If any video or any file then please send me in my mail id- sourav.sau91@gmail.com. This PLC did not have any Ethernet port and MFM has a ethernet port. So please suggest for communication and also programming and scaling of that MFM meter through PLC.

I checked the 7KM datasheet, and it is equipped with ModbusTCP function. In order to communicate you have to buy an Ethernet Slot CJ1W-ETN21, otherwise you cannot communicate to that meter. Omron also provide ModbusTCP Function Blocks that can be used together with the CJ1W-ETN21 to make programming easier.

Regarding how to, since you're in India it should be easier if you contact Omron reps in India. They got 3 main offices in Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore. I don't know where you are, but local contact should be easier nontheless.

As you told I just now discussed with omron service provider in Coimbatore. They will provide Ethernet system in PLC to communicate with that MFM.  After that I will again discuss  if any problem is there in programming part.

Sir,

I connected my Omron HMI(NB7W-TW01B) to plc and I am trying to create a number display which will show the PAC3200 voltage value in the HMI. But I could not understand what the address I will give in HMI so that it will show the value of voltage from MFM (PAC3200) to HMI. And I am using a RJ45 Ethernet port in PAC3200 and also in HMI.

Please  tell me the process how I will put the address and where  I will get the address for different parameter like voltage, Current, Power Factor ... etc.

NB 1.png

NB 3.png

NB 2.png

Edited by Sourav Sau

We don't know the address, there isn't one.  It depends on the program you write to read the data from the external device and where you write that data to.  When you write the Ethernet communication to talk to the meter, you will code where the data gets placed in the PLC's memory.

That means Sir, for MFM and HMI communication PLC must need? If so then then what is the instruction in Cx-Programmer that will code data from MFM? could you please help me regarding this?

You need to know where the data exists in that meter.  The manufacturer should be able to provide you that information.

When you write the custom code to perform the communication from the PLC side, you will decide where that data goes in the PLC memory.  There is no default, you have to code it.

On 10/28/2017 at 11:32 AM, Sourav Sau said:

That means Sir, for MFM and HMI communication PLC must need? If so then then what is the instruction in Cx-Programmer that will code data from MFM? could you please help me regarding this?

ModbusTCP with NB HMI uses the []X addressing, example 4X Addresses is to read Holding Register values.
Which Holding Register you should read again? You must look onto the MFM Communication Manual.

NB can only help you to read and view it, but it wouldn't know which register it should read if you don't specify it.

Since your MFM have ModbusTCP Server built-in, you shouldn't need any PLC for this communication.