Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Bromley

SLC 5/03 AND EZ3 TOUCHSCREEN

2 posts in this topic

A couple of mounths back a posted about the need to replace a no longer available panelview550. I got allot of good feedback and decided to go with a panel from EZ automation and the DH485 network protocall. Last week I installed my new EZ3 touchscreen and debugged over a couple of days, Overall I am happy with the product and the operators seam to like it (the graphics are allot bigger and in color).  I wonder if the EZ automation screen will last 17 years like the Panelview? I am down to 1 problem that i have not been able to resolve, the machines have parts counters on them that display the  number of parts produced since they where last reset. I am using C5:00.acc and so forth for the display tags and reseting with a B:3 bit. The parts counters count and reset like they should but the problem is that they do not retain the count totals when the power is turned off at the end of shift. Looking for advice on making a retenative timer

This counter is being reset on power-up is the issue?  The counter instruction is a CTU? 

Please post a screenshot of the counter RESET instruction.  This rung is being executed on startup, and that is your root-cause.