Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woodpecker_Germny

omron Omron 3G3HV Problem

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I got a used Omron VFD from a friend. It was used in an industrial application. It works fine with the integrated panel. I would like to use it to run my drill press.

I now try to control it by the so called 3 wire sequence (S1, S2, S3) for Start, Stop and forward/reverse. System does not work as expected, i. e. no reaction on the switches. I'm not sure if I have messed up the configuration of one of the n xxx parameters or if there is a HW problem. With SC open, there is no voltage at that pin (expecting 24Volts?!).

Any thoughts?

regards and thanks,

Matthias

Current config:

n001 = 4

n003 = 1

n004 = 0

n006 = F/R

052 = 0

n176 = rdy

n177 = 1

You posted 2 additional questions on this same subject.  I will close those questions...

Hello Michael,

thanks for your response and sorry if I posted the same question twice. The response time of the forum is very slow from my side ;-(

The manual you are refererring to is not exactly representing my unit. Mine is described in e.g. http://star-circuit.com/article/YASKAWA/Varispeed_V7.pdf, but there seem to be quite some different manuals on the web. The Model on my VFD reads CIMR-V7AZ41P5 which is translated to the 3G3HV designation in one of the manuals. The units are produced by either Yaskawa or Omron.

Nevertheless,WP_20171003_16_51_38_Pro.thumb.jpg.5906c the description for the connections (page 2-16) in the manual you are referring to are exactly the same as in my manual. The n xxx parameters seem to be different.

My gut feeling is, there is a kind of password protection for some of the parameters preventing me from changing settings. Is there a factory reset on this devices not documented in the normal manuals?

Regards Matthias

WP_20171003_16_52_01_Pro.jpg

17 minutes ago, Woodpecker_Germny said:

The Model on my VFD reads CIMR-V7AZ41P5 which is translated to the 3G3HV designation in one of the manuals. The units are produced by either Yaskawa or Omron.

Not true. CIMR-V7 are Varispeed V7 series inverter. 3G3HV is not. The manual you have from star-circuit website was correct for CIMR-V7 Series

Just now, Woodpecker_Germny said:

Problem solved - SW1 needs to be turned to NPN

regards Matthias

About to post this but I was late :D  Anyways it's good to know the problem was solved. Anyways, measuring SC will always give you 0 Volt. (See page 197 from the star-circuit manual)
And you can actually use PNP mode, but that'll require external power supply.