jkk912

ASI devicenet help

1 post in this topic

OK so I need another output. The setup is Pepperl Fuch I/O module (green one with 2 inputs and 2 ouputs). That is what i attempted to add to the ASI line. From what i can tell it goes through a Devicenet/ASI module made by Fuji (FC2LA-DL) then from there to the Dlink/ASI terminals on the PLC. The PLC is a Toyopuc PC3JT. What I did was address the I/O module with a handheld programmer, then connnected it to the ASI line. Powered up the machine, stopped the PLC CPU, switched over to LINK then  I should be able to flip a switch and it look at the ASI line and do a count on the display showing me each address on the line. However this is not the case. Normally there is a RUN led lit up when ASI is used, in this case it is not. I believe this to be due to the FUJI devicenet module that it runs through first. This the only machine I have seen with this setup and I think something may need changed on it, however i cannot locate a manual or any kind of info on it. So im not sure what parameters, if any, need to be changed. I know Toyopuc is not seen much outside Toyota but id figure id throw it out there, any information on these kinda of systems would be helpful. Its my first in depth dealing with them so im kinda learning as I go.