mpereira

Micrologix 1200 PLS Configuration

5 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone on this forum who has successfully configured the PLS  function on any of the Micrologix controllers. I have a Micrologix 1200 and configured the PLS for a 3 element function, following the example in Chapter 5 of the Reference manual as follows ; HSC:0 MOD = A00, HSC:0.OMB = 768, HSC:0.HPO = 768

PLS10:0, HIP = 250, OHD = 0000  0000  0000  0000

PLS10:1, HIP = 500, OHD = 0000  0001  0000  0000

PLS10:2, HIP = 1000, OHD = 0000  0010  0000  0000

Connected encoder and applied pulses continuously. First go round, HSC:0.ACC counts up to 250, then resets to 0, counts up to 500, then resets to 0, counts up to 1000, then resets to 0. This sequence just keeps repeating over and over and is causing very erratic  action on the selected outputs(Output 8 and 9). The outputs are turning on and off but not at the accumulator counts that I expected.  Any ideas as to what may be wrong will be greatly appreciated, Thank you

Problem has been solved. The PLS function does not operate in the typical fashion associated with a conventional hardware PLS, though it can be made to work.

1 person likes this

Then would you be so kind as to post your solution for everyone.  Either the program or just a picture and an explanation of your solution.

pcmccartney1,

I've posted a test configuration done with a Micrologix 1200 which works properly. The procedure is the same for a Micrologix 1400, except that more counters are available. The Micrologix 1200 has a single high-speed counter HSC:0. Hope it helps someone else out there .

ML1200 TEST PROGRAM V1.2.RSS

hello do you have more info how did you came out with those results, im trying to use it where my outputs have a faster respond and maintain accuracyin my part when running. when the first output turn on with pls10:0 but didnt start scaning for the second pls10:1 so my output was always on. thanks in advance