Bruha

Cant go online with CQM1 - where do I go from here?

5 posts in this topic

I was working last week in CX Programmer V2 with a CQM1 CPU21 and going on line with no issues all week.  Come back from the weekend and all of a sudden I get this error when trying to go online. (see attached)

To beb honest I am not sure what I did to set up my comms with the PLC the first time, but I know it was working fine for about 2 weeks.   I was shutting down and restarting my PC with no issues last week.   I made some code changes this morning, tried to connect to download them and I got the attached error.   

In the version of CX programmer that I have  (V2) I can access the Network Configuration Tool, CX-Net.   In there it shows that I am online with the plc and everything looks ok.   

where do I go next?   I am running CX Programmer v2 with a CQM1 CPU21 PLC.   Windows 8

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

The latest version is 9.6. I would highly recommend upgrading,

I would try two things. Since the cable worked before, just be sure to push the cable all the way into the connector. (My mistake once)
Open the CX Programmer software and select PLC | Auto Online... This will try communication out of the ports with different communication parameters. 

http://omronkft.hu/nostree/pdfs/plc/cqm1h/w226-e1-7.pdf
The above manual will show you the dip switch settings on the CPU. Pin 5 set to on will default the RS232 port to the following parameters. 
Serial communications mode: Host Link or peripheral bus; start bits: 1; data length: 7 bits; parity: even; stop bits: 2; baud rate: 9,600 bps

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,
Garry
www.accautomation.ca

Garry, not sure CX-P V2 has the Auto Online tool.

Bruha,  Open your CX-Programmer file.  In the project workspace on the left of the screen, double click the PLC at the top of the list. You should see a Change PLC dialog box.  Check the PLC type to make sure it is correct.  Now check the Network Type, it should be Sysmac Way.  Click the Settings button on the right, then the Driver tab on the dialog that opens.  Please send a screen shot of that dialog box.

Also, I do agree with IO_Rack.  V2 would have been released about 15 years ago.  It would be well worth it to invest in an upgrade.

Edited by gtsuport

Do what gtsuport said but then one more thing while in the Network Type box

I don't know if you're going online with an RS-232 d-sub cable, we have a bunch of the CQM1 here, and for some reason (probably WinXP being buggy), the COM port of the project will randomly change so I can't auto-connect. In the "Network Type" box, go to the "Driver" tab, and make sure you have the correct COM port selected that your cable is attached to. If you don't know which COM port is your RS-232, you can find it in Device Manager. I usually right-click "My Computer" > "Manage" ,  and in the WMI panel that pops up, click on Device Manager and expand the "COM & LPT1 Ports" and you should see one of them labeled RS-232, click on it and see which COM port...or just try to each COM port one by one, haha, never had to figure out how to connect without

PLC-> Auto Online