AlanJ

NX1P2 to Indusoft communication

13 posts in this topic

How do I communicate between an Omron NX1P2 Automation Controller and Indusoft Web Studio. This is the first time using an Automation Controller. I am familiar with communicating between Omron PLC's and Indusoft using OMETH drivers. What driver should I use?

NX1P2 should use EtherNet/IP just like the NJ CPUs.  OMETH is for the older CJ/CS Series and FINS Ethernet.

Old post I know, but the Sysmac series of PLC's support FINS as well, so the OMETH driver should work but does not.

I am currently trying to get this to work, but returns error code 64-UDP/IP Receive call returned error

So, the question is: why is this, or what driver works with this series of PLC .?

I have an InTouch DASOMFINSEnet driver working to a NX1P2 with no issues, which is pretty much FINS

@lostcontrol

Cannot really guess why, since I believe the error 64 is not a FINS specified error.
Typically we debug FINS protocol error using MRES / SRES information returned by the master unit when the error occurred. It you can find that info from Indusoft, that'll be helpful.

The product is now InTouch Machine Edition, by Schneider/Aveva...

The only results that cousin google has for indusoft-NJ/NX is to use Sysmac gateway or componet ( I think )

What is odd, is that FINS is FINS, so it should work. Only the Indusoft driver developer will be able to say why it is not working...

Update:

Have now managed to get this working. There is a setting called 'Ignore non-fatal error' or similar, that defaults to No. Changing to yes enabled the basic FINS to work.

Edited by lostcontrol
1 person likes this

Hello Folks,

Just to let you know that, in order to make the OMETH driver work with a NJ PLC, you should configure the Station field in the advanced driver settings.

On this field, put the FINS Network ID and the PC's ID that you want to assign, for instance 0:123

Check the page number 8 of the OMETH driver manual for further information.

I used OMRON driver, in station put IP address (Example: 10.0.5.20:2), I/O address (Example: D100:INT) and it worked in my case. 

One thing that has not been brought up yet is the NX processors don't do legacy PLC memory addresses by default.  NJ did, but in NX it's an option you must turn on.  So to do as Mandrusha said above, the legacy memory addresses must be enabled.

Go into Controller Setup, Memory Settings, and enable the legacy memory address ranges you wish to use.  Then create an AT address on the variables using % sign, like %D100.

Yes Crossbow, 100%. NX1P and NX102 require CJ memory areas to be enabled in setting  with the check box.

This is also required for NB HMIs and FINS devices.

Anyone know if the newer NX102 is different again? I have my NJ301 working but not NX102, using the %D0 for a single INT on test.

I have IWS8.0 atm.thx

Edited by Mach12
updated info

Old thread alert...

But,

anyone know if the newer NX102 is different again

Only port #2 supports FINS...  However, Port #1 supports OPC-UA which can work with Indusoft/Aveva Edge

I think we connected a NB HMI on port1 of nx102 and it uses fins UDP.

I did a test and confirmed, NX102 only does do FINS on port2. I connected Indusoft to port 2 of my NX102-9020 and it works! Same driver setting as with NJ.

NX1P2 has only 1 port and does FINS (NB HMI).

From NX FINS manual.

NX102 and FINS.png

On 6/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, lostcontrol said:

The only results that cousin google has for indusoft-NJ/NX is to use Sysmac gateway or componet ( I think )

What is odd, is that FINS is FINS, so it should work. Only the Indusoft driver developer will be able to say why it is not working...

Update:

Have now managed to get this working. There is a setting called 'Ignore non-fatal error' or similar, that defaults to No. Changing to yes enabled the basic FINS to work.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, lostcontrol said:

Update:

Your solution to ignore the non fatal errors was very useful to me! thank you very much bro @lostcontrol

Edited by andres_vargas