Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wave

CJ2M, SCU32, Modbus RTU with 3G3MX2 VFDs

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I have Omron CJ2M-31 PLC with SCU32 communication unit, and 34 3G3MX2 drives with repeater. I use "Easy to use Modbus RTU Master for CP1L CP1H CJ1 CJ2 CS1" written by our member PMCR (thank you PMCR for sharing your experience). I need to reed VFD status, reset fault, and write the speed. I tried the sample code version 2.12 with a single VFD, but in my test application it works inconsistent. I had got communication in the first place, I could control the drive, but I lost it after program modification and downloading (I did not touch communication part). I was able fix communication only once, and lost it again. I didn't find any correlation between my action and communication presence ( I tested dual port program version). If the communication is present, SCU unit blinks fast, otherwise slow. I have cleaned PLC memory and initialized PLC without any luck.

Unfortunately, PMCR is offline. If anyone is proficient with mentioned above program, please advise where to look.

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by wave

Did you try to reload the macro's into the SCU 32 .

I am using CJ2M-31 and SCU 42 .

communicating with protocol macro's and no communication breakdown

Good Morning everyone. I am trying to program a CJ2M-CPU11 model. I have one input module CJ1W-ID262 and 4 output module. I am trying to do a basic one line program with i/p address 0.00 and output address 4.00.

But after transfer it to plc one error massage is coming. When I checked the error log it was showing i/o settings error. Could you please tell anyone where was my mistake..Please Help...

This does not seem to have anything to do with the topic that you posted.  Next time create a new thread. You likely need to fix your I/O table.  Put the PLC in program mode.  Double click on I/O table on left hand side in project workspace.  Choose Edit pull down, then choose Create.  Then put the PLC back in Monitor or Run mode.  This should fix your issue.

EDIT:  I see that you did post this somewhere else as well.  Good work.