Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dWiseman

Panelview Plus 1000 User Login Password

4 posts in this topic

Hey There,

I am wondering if there is a way to retroactively get the passwords for the different users loaded on a Panelview program?

I have uploaded the .mer and found where the users are set-up but could only find an option to change the password. There has got to be a way to see these current passwords.

Thanks in advance.

The short answer is no.

The usernames and passwords are based on Microsoft accounts in the development PC.

Possibly, Rockwell could help you out, but it's a major league hassle from a security standpoint.

The easiest workaround is having the original project and creating your own users and passwords and downloading a new MER.  Maybe, the real experts on the forum have a differnet or better workaround.

What model of PanelView 1000 are you working with?  What version of FTView ME are you using?  Why do you want to change other user's passwords?

Allen-Bradley/Rockwell does not offer ability for PView app developers to know what user passwords were used, that I am aware of.  

You could open the APA project file in FTView ME, reset all user passwords, create the MER runtime file, and download.  It is not knowing what the passwords are, but resetting all.

Thanks pcmccarney1 and kaiser_will.

That was my understanding as well. My only real option would be to reset which is not an option I would like to prusue.

I am only trying to find login info for machines I am not familiar with to get access to different screens without changing the panelview program altogether. I guess I'll have to keep bugging people for login and passwords to various machines.

I am used to Omron where if I do not know the machines login info - it is very easily obtained through the designer program... I guess AB takes their security a little more seriously,,,?

Thanks again,

Cheers.

Edited by dWiseman
grammar