Sanu

MVI46 MCM MODULE ERROR (not responding to a cmd as being completed within timelimit

7 posts in this topic

I am using an SLC/03 plc with MVI46 MCM module in the same CPU rack. after replacing the power supply, when i download the program, the PLC is faulted with error stating "SPECIALITY IO MODULE In slot2 has not responded to a command as being completed within the required time limit". I tried to reset the fault, but still comes back.

when i remove the logic for MVI46 mcm module and download, the plc works fine. 

please advise.  

MCM firmwire version 1.03.

Does your SLC PLC have a memory module, that could be loading the OLD program on startup?

no there is no memory module in the SLC

The error suggests that the MCM module isn't responding to the backplane and it may be damaged or defective.

Was there an event that caused you to replace the power supply which might also have damaged the MCM module ?

If you are using an AC power supply, check carefully to be sure the voltage selector jumper is in the appropriate position for 240/120V .

I already checked the power supply. it is working fine with correct jumper settings. The PLC is running fine when I remove the MCM module and its logic from the ladder logic.

I had something similar happen to me with MVI46 MNET module.

I got on the phone with Prosoft and unfortunately was told the module was bad.

Had to get a replcement

Prosoft's phone support pretty good..