Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Talon

5/03

5 posts in this topic

I have a 5/03 processor that is blinking a  fault light after a power outage. I have used links to see the processor so I have the right driver.  I then opened logics and it asked if I want to load from eeprom or upload.  I have tried both ways the upload and to load from the eeprom card but I am always getting the same message saying that I have lost communication.  Is there a way to fix this  

It has most likely lost its program and you will have to open the program up  then download to it. If this is the case the PLC name will have changed to DEFAULT. 

Unfortunately I do not  have the program on the laptop.  My only option is to load from the EEprom.  But for some reason I keep getting the loss of communication before the program is installed.  I click on the tab that says download from EEprom but it then goes strait to the message

Edited by Talon

There was a funky issue with some SLC processors reloading the program from EEPROM.  If you pull the CPU, disconnect the battery (that is probably depleted -> this is probably where your problem first started...depleted battery), short the solder pads on the back to clear memory (I know looking at the CPU, but cannot remember the board location names), slide the CPU back in, connect a fresh battery, then try to reload from EEPROM again.  http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=44851

http://control.com/thread/945964547#945964547

3 people like this

There may also be some configuration differences in the project file on the EEPROM so it changes the port configurations as it's loading the stored program.

1 person likes this