Akpisgud

PLC_Temperature_control

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Please can any one help on this: am trying to create a PLC ladder logic program for temperature control between a max and min set points. am using Mitsubishi FX CPU series. am finding it difficult to use the function blocks and comparators to create  my set points.though am a bit new to this PLC stuff. Please if any one can help on this that will be appreciated.

Edited by Akpisgud

Hi Akpisgud,

For temperature control usually uses a PID regulator. In the PLC programming manual of the FX3S, FX3G or FX3U Series PLCs, examples are given for configuring a PID controller. Here in the forum there is a PID controller topic made with the FX5U.

The best regards,

K. Raykov

1 person likes this

hysteresis temperature control.

actual<=min, set output (S) ( LE instruction)

actual>=max, reset output (R) (GE instruction)

1 person likes this

Hi Kraykov & Clear.Mind,

Thank you for the replies am really very grateful. The information given really helped me I have been able to create the ladder logic which seem to be working when simulated using the GT Designer 3. 

There are other challenges which am still trying to figure out and I still need your help.

Am using the FX3u-32MT/DSS PLC with the following modules attached:

FX3u-ENET-ADP

FX3u-3A-ADP

FX3u-IPG.

Now am required to create a 3 terms PID controller to control the temperature of a heater. I want to use a temperature sensor(thermocouple) to read the temperature values to the PLC. 

In the FX Series manual am using I have not see any example yet and am working to meet a dead line. Please can you advice me on how to use the temperature sensor to get my temperature readings  to PLC and go about the PID stuff.

Thank you guys for your time am really grateful.

For analog control you can download library ( AnalogFX_V100.zip ) from MyMitsubishi. This library doesn't contain your module 3a-adp, but you can open 4ad-adp function block for checking code and understanding programming. Necessary special registers and special auxiliary relays you can find in programming manual JY997D16501N on 495 and 497 pages.

For pid download library (PidFx_V100.zip ) and read manual JY997D16601Q page 476.

Edited by Clear.Mind

I didn't undersrtood why did you need swimmy67 programm. Fx3u have standard PID, if you don't famiar with automation therory and PID regulation, better read automations books or some articles like this https://www.csimn.com/CSI_pages/PIDforDummies.html

On screen simply PID fb for backward direction with limeted output.

59807e5de1dbc_.thumb.PNG.03b0771f337403c

Edited by Clear.Mind

Thank you Clear.Mind I really appreciate your concern. Am actually using the MELSOFT GX Developer but am going try this out in the  GX IEC Developer which  I think will be compactable with this. Thanks 

21 hours ago, Akpisgud said:

Thank you Clear.Mind I really appreciate your concern. Am actually using the MELSOFT GX Developer but am going try this out in the  GX IEC Developer which  I think will be compactable with this. Thanks 

Time to use GX works 2. GX IEC Developer 7.04 (as i know latest verison) do not support FX3u-ENET-ADP.

Plz help me out with programming of PID controller from basic 

And i am unable to download the zip file mentioned above

Isn't everything provided above to be able to initiate and use the PID controller in the CPU (by looking at the pictures above)?? What specifically are you struggling with, or is not working?