Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmonro

TWIDO and WAVECOM MODEM SMS

2 posts in this topic

Hello, we are doing our bachelor thesis i based on the communication between Twido controller and WAVECOM fastrack GSM modem. We have seen the document of the application that communicates a pc and a Twido; however we are having trouble trying to communicate the Twido with the modem, and the twidosoft with the second modem. We would like to know if the Twido is able to communicate via SMS or just by a data call. If it is possible via SMS, we need to know how the TWIDO handles the AT commands, we know that it is possible to introduce an initializing AT command, but what happens when the modem receives a SMS after the plc sends the initializing command ? Is the Twido able to read with the AT+CMGR the message content by itself, and we just need to store it in the plc with the Exch command? How we should configure the Twido to work: as a Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, or just ASCII?

The one thing that you have to be aware of is that the sim cards must have data terminating numbers....each sim card has a voice number, which we use to make regular phone calls, and a data number , which you use to make a data call. You must contact your sim provider i.e. Vodafone etc... and ask them what the data terminating numer for you sim is and dial that number not the voice number to make the connection. I am also attaching a document on on modem comms with Twido TWIDO_S1013_vA_modem.pdf