k227w

Half Screen when app is opened.

24 posts in this topic

Running CX Programmer on Windows 7 Pro, HP ZBook. Application only opens to and will not maximize past just larger than half screen. From the top to about 60% down. Also, other applications opened after CX programmer will only view the same size. No full screen windows. Close CX programmer and everything goes back to normal. My desktop is still full size when CX Programmer is opened.

Is this something simple I am missing?

Can't say I've ever seen that before.

Weird.

I am seeing the same thing, three displays, all set to 2560 x 1440. When I launch CX Programmer the main screen, and only the main screen, resizes itself, and won't go back unless I manually change it.

Thanks,
Don

I might try to set the resolution a bit lower.  Perhaps 1920 x 1080.  It sounds like a resolution issue to me.....

Hi,

I am getting the exact same thing as the initial post except I'm using Windows 10, did anybody find a fix for this? All other CX-one applications work correctly, but as soon as you open cx-programmer the bottom half of the screen is unusable, it pushes all of my desktop items up (I have attached before and after photos)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CX-One with no success

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Steve

After1.jpg

After2.jpg

Before.jpg

A colleague of mine just shared this with me.  Open CX-Programmer, choose Options from the Tools Pulldown menu, make the setting shown below and restart CX-Programmer.  It is supposed to resolve this issue.  If you try it, please confirm if it works here.

5aa81ab3a7174_InfoWindowdisable.jpg.78ec
3 people like this

20 hours ago, Michael Walsh said:

A colleague of mine just shared this with me.  Open CX-Programmer, choose Options from the Tools Pulldown menu, make the setting shown below and restart CX-Programmer.  It is supposed to resolve this issue.  If you try it, please confirm if it works here.

This.  Alternatively, you can rename GMAN.exe to something else (ie gman.exe_old) in 'C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Programmer'

On 3/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, Knox said:

This.  Alternatively, you can rename GMAN.exe to something else (ie gman.exe_old) in 'C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Programmer'

This one saved me... wonder why this is happening in my new PC, while I installed the same version on another PC with the same Windows 10 without issue.

Same problem, but no such menu option in the v9.45. No matter the Information Window being On or Off.

Options.jpg

Edited by Sergei Troizky

4 minutes ago, Sergei Troizky said:

Same problem, but no such menu option in the v9.45. No matter the Information Window being On or Off.

Options.jpg

Use the GMAN trick. It helps

I believe the current version of CX-P is 9.65.

I would suggest using the Automated Update Tool to update your software.

I had the same issue: goto display settings (right click on the desktop) and set Scale and layout to 100% (default seems to be 125% for some reason). This fixed mine.

2 people like this

I tried changing the "Do not show information widnow when CX programmer is started next time" to unchecked, it works fine and now is running full screen

You have to restart the comuputer to take effect

On 13/3/2018 at 1:41 AM, Michael Walsh said:

Yes, it works ok.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:26 AM, Steve_D said:

I had the same issue: goto display settings (right click on the desktop) and set Scale and layout to 100% (default seems to be 125% for some reason). This fixed mine.

This also was enough for me...
Thanks

On 3/13/2018 at 0:11 AM, Michael Walsh said:

This worked for me. Thanks for the info.

Use gman trick. It's also helped me. Thanks

1 person likes this

I came here searching for a solution to this exact problem.

My request to Omron Tech support:

>>>

I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad PC with Win 10 Pro.

I think I have isolated the problem. From a fresh boot, I tried five programs: File Explorer, Outlook, 505 Workshop, NanoCAD, Banner safety, Excel spreadsheet. All maximise and restore their window sizes as normal.

Then I started Omron CX-Programmer – its full screen uses only the top 84% of the screen.

NanoCAD stayed full screen if I maximise/restore it, but all the others would only max to the 84%. I closed and re-opened CAD; now it will maximise only to the same spot as the others. If I drag any of the windows to my external monitor, they  – CX-P included – will open and completely fill the screen.

Ergo, CX-P is changing something about the screen dimensions, and it is affecting (most) programs opened before or after itself. Is this a known issue with CX-P?

>>>>

I found that Steve D.'s solution works to fix it: 

Although, at 100%, the fonts are a bit too small for my tired eyes... I also experimented with changing the Scale to 100, 125, 150, 175%, and yes, CX-P takes up a proportionally smaller area of the screen, and locks other programs from using that lower area. So changing the scaling to 100 for CX-P and setting the Options - Ladder Display to larger font will be my fix for now, and then change my Scaling back to 125% when I am finished with CXP. 

Another work-around: Restore (not Maximise) the CXP window, then drag its bottom border to the bottom of your screen. This works for me, but when I drag the top of CX-P too close to the top of my screen, Windows wants to automatically Maximise it, and it reverts to the truncated window. Usually it takes me two tries to get it there.

Note - Renaming GMAN.EXE seemed to solve it. But what did I lose? The little pop-up Ctrl-I display which I never use anyway?

Edited by RoTaTech

On 3/13/2018 at 2:41 AM, Michael Walsh said:

it work,tq for sharing