G_DeMark

FT View ME Studio 9.0

8 posts in this topic

I am using Studio 5000 V30

and  FT View ME Studio 9.0 to develop a solution for my current project.  For once I am ahead on the project and have already started developing the basic plc logic and panel view screens.  However, my hardware has just been ordered.  Therefore, I do not have the PLC or panel view in hand just yet.

One of my HMI screens is a simple IO diagnostic screens with a several indicator objects that will show the "On" "Off" State of the IO.  I was hoping to link the indicators to the corresponding Tags I have created in the PLC program.  However, I can not seem to establish a connection between my PV software and my PLC offline tag file.  Naturally, without the hardware I can not expect to browse to the PLC in the communication tree.  So is there a way to expose the PLC Tags prior to having the PLC and PV hardware?  I did attempt to select the offline tag file as shown in my screen shot.  This did not seem to be sufficient.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Document1.pdf

When you setup you shortcut and assigned the Offline Tag File, did you "Verify"?  Did the dialog indicate that it successfully found the file?

Then when you are in the tag browser, right click on the WW End Cap Assy Station, select "Show Server Names".  Then expand the RSLinx Enterprise until you find the Offline folder.

Yes, I did verify and it appears that the file was found successfully.  However, I can not seem to expand the RSLinxEnterprise node to find the file.

Thanks

PIC.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by G_DeMark

Press the "+"

I did click the plus and nothing expands out for some reason.  Not sure why.

G_DeMark,

Looking at the PDF you uploaded, it looks like your offline tag file is on a network drive.

I'm not using v9.0, yet, but I have had issues in past versions of FT View ME not being able to handle the offline tag file being on network drives and it doesn't produce any type of error.  I never got a good explanation on why it does it either.

We worked around it by either copying a file locally just for the offline tag browser or by creating a symbolic link to make the computer think the directory was local.

Symbolic Link Instructions: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363878(v=vs.85).aspx

1 person likes this

Great suggestion.  Unfortunately, even after moving the .acd file to the local drive I could not see any of my TAGs.  Thanks

Toatally solved my issue on FTME 10.

thanks a lot. (searched for a while, cause I've no techConnect)