Bapt

Sysmac Studio Unknown error

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I'm a French student doing a traineeship in Spain and I have to program a parallel robot from Omron using Sysmac studio.

By now I've succeeded to make a program using linear movements and it works fine, I can make whatever I want with linear movements.

But, for the application I want to make I have to succeed in making the robot a circular movement.

for that I have tried to use the MC_Movecircular2D block.

The problem is that  trying every method of interpolation (radius, center and border)  This block's returning me an Error ID that I can't identify in the help of the program and the docs I found by googling it.

This error is the error 5705.

Don't hesitate in asking me more precise informations (captures, configurations, etc..)

Thanks.

What robot are you controlling?  What CPU are you using?

Parallel robots typically use 3 (sometimes 4) motors arranged in a triangle to move the tool head.  That function block can only move 2 axes, and typically would be used with linear axes like ball screws.

Please provide more information on your setup, even a photo if possible would help us understand.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

The robot is an Omron delta CR-UGD4MINI-NR with 3 motors and the CPU is a NJ501-4300 all the setup was already made in another sysmac studio project

Like I said I already managed to move the robot with linear moves in a xy plane by giving absolute coordinates.

Capture d’écran 2017-07-12 à 15.23.55.png

Capture d’écran 2017-07-12 à 15.29.07.png

Mini_Delta_Opaco_tcm849-100796.jpg

You cannot make a circle because the robot has to move all 3 axes to achieve that.  Circular interpolation command only moves 2 axes.

The way to achieve this involves virtual axes and inverse kinematics, but I do not have the details on that.

Your error on the function block is caused by you trying to tell it to move axes 3 and 4.  The axis numbers in the group are 0 through 3, there is no axis 4.

The command that you are trying to use is for two axes used together on an XY table (as Crossbow mentioned above). I believe that to control a Delta robot, you need to use the Robot commands, not the regular axis commands.  See below:

Robotics.jpg.108faa769cf649a8ee87c019c04

Thank you for yours answers.
Yes I think I have to use these Robot commands but I can't figure out how to make circular trajectories with those blocks.
Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you.

As I said before, there is not a circular command for the robot.  You will need to create virtual axes, control them with the standard motion commands, and then use reverse kinematics to tell the robot to follow the virtual axes.  But I do not know the exact specifics on how to make that happen.

1 person likes this

You can use synclinearconveyor fb. Create dummy encoder axis and sync your robot to that. Once you have reached the sync phase  ( I believe it was phase 6.) you can send position offset for your robot. If you use virtual axes for circ2d movement you could just forward these points as your position offsets, thisway you get the acceleration and deceleration phases also. Not very detailed answer but I am sure you get the picture.