vinothkumar2012

Panelview 800 to Compactlogix L2 controller communication problem

19 posts in this topic

Hi Experts,

Recently we bought Compactlogix 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B & Panelview 800 2711R-T4T. I trying to connect Panelview terminal to Compactlogix controller through Ethernet. I have CCW version 10.01 and Panelview 800 version 4.014. I write a small program and downloaded to plc successfully by studio 5000. Then I write a panelview application and downloaded to terminal successfully. Then I connect PLC to Panelview 800 terminal through Ethernet. After I try to operate from HMI but no response. Communication not established. I get error message in HMI (please see attached copy).

Not:- I found when I connect PLC to Panelview Terminal 800 Indicator (NS) is still blinking not stable. I read the manual it showing Communication not Established.

Please help me to sort out this isue.

Thanks,

Regards,

M.Vinothkumar

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

T1.xls

What is the IP address of the PV?  Hopefully in the same subnetting as the L24

PV ip address is 169.254.170.100

subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

L24 also same subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

Edited by vinothkumar2012

Sorry, but the PV must be in the same subnet 192.188.152.xxx.

Unless you have a switch that is port forwarding and aliasing.

No, first three octets must match and then a different number in the fourth octet.

Hi Sparky,

Thanks a lot now it is connected.

And i try to start from HMI but it is not started. But when i toggled in ouput the hmi indication button is glowing.

Anyhting i have to do in ladder daigram

Even i try to toggle in  (LOCAL:1:I.DATA.0) ladder while online. but it is not working.  Tag is READ/WRITE

Having no idea what you have as far as programming in your PLC.  It looks like you have all your graphical objects tagged incorrectly.  Maybe just a misunderstanding of I (input) and O (Output).

All the tagging in your objects is based on LOCAL:1:x.DATA.y, where x is I for an input or feedback from the field to the PLC or O for an Output to the field from the PLC.

So your Pushbuttons should be tagged to O's and your multistate indicators should be tagged to I's.

I tagged correctly  Start is LOCAL:1:I.DATA.0, STOP BUTTON IS LOCAL:1:I.DATA.1, OUTPUT INDICATOR IS LOCAL:1:O.DATA.0.

The same tag is in the ladder logic also.

when i force on input the output is energised and i can see in the HMI output indicator.

only i could start and stop from HMI

i checked HMI tag, and it is correctly.

I think we have a bit of a language barrier here.

I sense that this is your first attempt at programming PLCs and HMIs.  If it's not then, I apologize in advance.

I suggest that you consult the many resources here at the forum and other sites.  Try to find tutorials for basic programming concepts.  Continue to experiment until arriving at your solution.

You could post your PLC and HMI programs and the group will take a look and make further suggestions.

Edited by pcmccartney1

Hi Sparky,

i am new for A&B plc, i had experience in Omron. anyway i read the manuals and i will try.

Thanks for your patients and gave me a reply.

Can you correctly start and stop from the PLC code only?  If you cannot toggle or latch HMI input bits to start and stop in the PLC, you are wasting time.  Get the PLC code to behave properly then move onto the HMI.  The key is to structure the HMI application so that the buttons accurately tell you what is happening (the HMI should not display you wanted to start a device, but should display that the device is actually started).

Hi,

Thanks, 

I start and stop from ladder its working good. but when i start from HMI it is not start and stop.I did mapping correctly.

What i mentioned before when i start from ladder its working and i could see from HMI (the OUTPUT " RUN" indicator is glowing), only i can't start and stop from HMI.(INPUTS).

I checked TAG External access is READ/WRITE in both PLC and HMI.

sorry, i am not well in English.

Please post screenshots of some of the PLC code with the HMI button control.  It appears your issue is how you are coding your PLC logic and the HMI buttons/status bits.

In a case like this, where you are programming your first PanelView and CompactLogix application, it is very possible your HMI and PLC communicate properly, but you may not be structuring your HMI objects or the code in your PLC properly.

There are many ways that engineers can code the HMI and PLC applications.

Suggestion...create test CompactLogix tags (HMI_Command, HMI_Status), structured DINT.  Add simple PLC rung for a HMI_Command.0 (Start_CMD), normally-open contact, with one-shot, add a test to make sure the output coil is not ON, then latch the output coil HMI_Status.0 (Start_Coil).  Add a branch around the output coil with one-shot and unlatch the start bit HMI_Command.0.  In this fashion, if the output is not already latched ON and the operator starts, the HMI start bit is only ON for one PLC scan cycle, it is used to latch the output coil, then the HMI start bit is forced OFF.  

Follow this up with a rung to turn the output coil off.  Simple PLC rung for HMI_Command.1 (Stop_CMD), normally-open contact, with one-shot, add a test to make sure the output coil is ON, then UNLATCH the output coil HMI_Status.1 (Start_Coil) with coil branch and one-shot with unlatch stop bit HMI_Command.1.

Finish your test by adding (2) new HMI test buttons...Start and Stop (HMI_Command.0 & .1, respectively).  Add a multi-state indicator, 2-states, 0 = Off = Green (safe mode, no motion) = HMI_Status.0; state 1 = On = Red (in motion).  

If all works properly...output is OFF (multi-state indicator = GREEN), PLC tag HMI_Command.0 = OFF & HMI_Status.0 = OFF.  User presses START, output tag is turned ON, multi-state indicator = RED, PLC tags HMI_Command.0 = OFF & HMI_Status.0 = ON.

21 hours ago, vinothkumar2012 said:

Start is LOCAL:1:I.DATA.0, STOP BUTTON IS LOCAL:1:I.DATA.1

This does not look right. LOCAL:1:I.DATA.1 is a PLC Input, which means it is status/feedback. If your Stop button is mapped to LOCAL:1:I.DATA.1 then the Stop button will not control anything, it will just show the status of  LOCAL:1:I.DATA.1. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Hope this helps.

I agree with AndrewG. It looks to be like the syntax of the tag is not quite right. I would think that you need to create the tag alias for Inputs and outputs and make sure they are scoped correctly.

Based on this:

Start is LOCAL:1:I.DATA.0, STOP BUTTON IS LOCAL:1:I.DATA.1, OUTPUT INDICATOR IS LOCAL:1:O.DATA.0.

You're looking at physical inputs and outputs.  Is Local:1:i.data.0 a physical start button wired to the PLC? 

The PLC reads inputs and reads/writes outputs.  Your HMI can only affect what the PLC can affect, so it can also read inputs and read/write outputs.  If you tie your HMI's "START" button to Local:1:I.data.0, it will ONLY be able to SHOW the status, not write it, because the status of the physical input will always overwrite it.

If you don't have a physical start button and you want start/stop control to be from the PLC, then you just create tags in the PLC for those functions and have the HMI look at those tags.

Hi,

Thanks for all, I misunderstood for TAG configurations. I changed as base tag. Now it is working from panelview.

Edited by vinothkumar2012