Rishi

Fluctuating Parameters in CP1H PLC while connecting to 2 Computer

6 posts in this topic

I have Omron CP1H PLC and using Ethernet Option board to communicate through Ethernet.

When I connect PLC to 2 Computer it starts malfunctioning and values in register get fluctuate.

while I connect single HMI it works fine.

Kindly give solution if anyone know. 

You'll have to be more specific explaining the issue.

Does each device on the network have a unique IP address?

yes..All Devices Have Unique IP Address.

On local network HMI connected to PLC through Kepware OPC and SCADA PC used as read only SCADA.

Whenever I connect only HMI it works fine as soon as i connect to SCADA and HMI both it starts swapping values in parameter(PLC Data Register). 

I never used Kepware OPC so I don't know about any possible configuration issues.

It sounds like the SCADA and the HMI are trying to write different values to the same address. What happens if you connect the SCADA PC only?

If I Connect SCADA only then it works fine. SCADA is read only,HMI is read/Write in my case.

Is CP1H with Ethernet option board (CP1W-CIF41) is capable of More than one client?If yes what settings I need to be Done.

I would assume the network is using the FINS protocol. I would check the FINS settings in the SCADA, HMI and PLC to make sure they have unique FINS node addresses.

I'm not well versed in FINS. Maybe someone else can suggest a solution.