atidwel

GT Designer 3 - Text on top of Lamp

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to overlay a text figure on top of a bit lamp. You'd think it'd be easy... but no matter what layer I set the lamp to, or how many times I click "Move to back of layer" from "Stacking order" in the right-click menu, the text figure stays behind the lamp. The only reason I'm using a text figure vs. just using the text function of the lamp is because I want the text to be vertical - a feature that you do not have with the text function of a lamp. Any ideas on how to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated!text_behind_lamp.PNG.3bfe98f016d36b21763

Edited by atidwel

Active elements like buttons and lamps always float to the top. You'll have to hack it. I can think of two options:

1. It looks like your "vertical text" isn't rotated, it's just a column of characters. You can do that in the lamp itself by just hitting enter between characters. If you want to use comments, then use Alt-Enter.

2. You could create an image of the text in the format you want using GIMP or similar, then import the image into GT Works and use it on the lamp.

Perfect, I can't believe I didn't think about the first one. It worked like a charm. Thanks!!