Modicon PLC Fault

12 posts in this topic

Hi ALL,

We have a Modicon TSX Premium PLC which has fault and cannot run

I am searching for the software to program the Processor and how to talk to it

Thank you

Chris

Hi,

It depends of the reference of your Premium, if it ends by a 3 (TSX P57 203 by example) you need the older PL7 Pro software. If it ends by a 4 (TSC P57 2634 by example) you need Unity software. Both use the same serial cable, TSXPCX1031 (RS232 version) or TSXCUSB485 + TSXCRJMD25 (usb version). Some processors have a buit in Ethernet connector or an additional Ethernet module that can be used to communicate with the plc.

JC

Hi JC,

Thank you

Appreciate your help

The PLC has "BATT Fault" on the power supply module[TSX PSY1610]-what does this mean?

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Chris Iwo

Morning,

That simply means the battery inside the power supply module (behind the front cover)  is dead or close to be. If you have a memory cartridge inside the processor it's not a real problem, if not, that means that if you shut down the power your program will be lost. Take a picture of your plc with the leds state and I will give you a diag more accurate.

JC

Hi everybody. Help me please!!! At our vessel installed incinerator  Saniterm SH-20-SM/SR controlled by  Modicon Premium PLC consist of: TSX PSY1610, TSX P57104, TSX DEY16D2, TSX DSY16R5, TSX AEY414, TSX ASY410. During changing faulty temperature sensor I lost all sensors. So I decide PLC need to be reset. I restart several times PLC - didn't help. So I changed battery at PSY1610. Power was off couple minutes. After that all modules except AEY414 showing blinking ERR sign. And now I can't do anything with it. On display (magelis xbtgt2110) message "No reply from PLC within Timeout period. (Uni TelwayEquipment01)". I called to manufacture this incinerator, they can't help us because they lost all data during transferring from one owner to another. Anybody can suggest what we can do about it? I'll appreciate. 

Well im sure you have lost the program in the plc. You have to change the battery with power on. So you dont have any unity backups of the software? This sounds like you are going to have to rewrite the plc software

Just now, cHud said:

Well im sure you have lost the program in the plc. You have to change the battery with power on. So you dont have any unity backups of the software? This sounds like you are going to have to rewrite the plc software

And do you know how to rewrite the PLC software?

Anyone cant just rewrite the software. If i was in your shoes i would ask the company who built the machine to come in and redo the software. Even though they lost the software they should still have in-depth knowledge of the machine

My opinion the same. But teck from maker told us - only one solution - change hole PLC system...

Premium is an older platform, so it may be advisable to move to something current.  If you are already down and have no program, no sense rewriting a program for legacy equipment.

Hello,

P57104 processor are Unity processors, they will be sold until 2026. If necessary the program can be easily adapted to a M340 or a M580 if the program is bigger.

JC

Edited by acpi

Didn't see it was 104, I used to use the 103...