Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarMaestro69

FT View Site Edition v.8

4 posts in this topic

I have been tasked with pointing our FT View application to a remote SQL server for all data logging.  I'm having some issues getting this to happen.  I've configured everything I can find in our test environment, but FT View still points to the local SQL Server instance.  There must be a setting I'm missing.

For instance, when i go to Tools -> Diagnostics Setup -> Destination Setup -> ODBC Database, and I point to the system DSN I've created pointing to the remote server (and even enter the correct remote credentials), when i create a table, it goes to the local sql server instance...

I've restarted multiple times.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Had this FTView SE Ver. 8 system been setup for SQL data storage, already?  Modifying applications to add system-level features can be a big chore.

If you message me, I can share a big Word work instruction I developed for building a FTView SE PC from scratch.  The 70-page document is too large to upload.

yes, the system is already setup to write to the local SQL server (express).  This is working, but due to size and other limitations, we are moving to a remote sql server.

What process did you follow for "moving to a remote SQL server"?  I believe the key is to edit the ODBC Connection to the NEW SQL Server.  The SQL Server Authentication credentials are very critical for this to work.

FTView Studio - Event Data Collection.doc