industrialrobotix

Can't create a Runtime file in FT View Studio ME

6 posts in this topic

I've just started having an issue creating a runtime application in Factory Talk View ME Studio. I tried downloading the latest V9 and still have the same issue. It says "unable to save tag database" and will not create a .mer file. I also cannot test the application. I've uninstalled V9 and re-installed it, also the same with RSLinx. 

My communication path is good in both design and runtime.

I am unable to create a backup in the application manager, so I zipped the entire job file and sent to my reseller tech support. He was able to create a runtime application without issues.

I also cannot start a new project, add a button, and create a runtime...

Something is going on, but I am not sure what.

Any ideas?

Nothing has worked so far.  I called Rockwell tech support - we ended up having to add a new user account to my PC, with administrator rights, and it works fine.

But my original user account always had administrator rights.  It's my personal PC and I've always been my own admin... what can change that?  My user account is admin.  Is it a Windows issue?  Win7

This is one of the things that I don't like about FactoryTalk View Studio, that it uses the Windows accounts.  I've seen signs of this with Studio 5000 as well, where changing the computer's network name causes the software to require a login that nobody will ever remember from installing the software. 

Something may have gone wrong (or not really "wrong" but just changed) with your Windows account that View Studio didn't like.

I just went through this when I got my new laptop. I had multiple accounts setup. Both with the same computer name. 1 was set to administrator, and the other was set to standard user. I deleted the standard account and all worked fine.

Just an update to this - I closed out of FT Studio, then ran the program as an administrator, and the problem was solved.   This is for FT View ME V10.0