Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HenryDara

UDTs to Custom Data Structure

1 post in this topic

I have a reference HMI project that has many variables that have an Invalid data type. We are one by one trying to re-create the data types that are missing, but so far there is no easy way that I know of.

Currently I re-create the UDT from scratch in a scrap offline project. (based on just looking at the variable elements in the ref project.

Export the UDT to .XML file

Import the UDT as a new custom structure into the toolbox

At this point I can drag the structure from the toolbox into my variable list, and it creates a variable with what looks like a good structure.

What I cant figure out is how to easily re-assign the old variable the new custom data type. Since the old variable is used all over the place, it cant be deleted, and if I rename it it changes every reference to it that exists, so that doesnt help either.

The image posted shows the old variable "H_Header" and its properties as invalid type (also shows red X in the icon). below that is a new variable with the new data type. (no Red X). If I could delete H_Header I could then just rename the new variable to the same, but I cant because of its use. If I could change the data type from Invalid to H_Header, that would work, but its greyed out and wont let me change it.

Any help appreciated

Capture.JPG