PenneyInstruments

Connecting PLC to ethernet

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just recently bought a used CJ2M-CPU33 Omron PLC and I am trying to hook it up via ethernet. I keep getting an error F3. I figured it was because I didnt populate my I/O table so I did that and still no change. I have tried to connect to it via USB (which works fine) and then upload it a new IP address but no luck. Communication problems are my enemy and any help would be appriciated. Its a CJ2M CPU33 with a PA202 power supply. Analog in and out, digitial in and out cards.

Thanks

F3 would be an address mismatch error.  Reference the W472 manual.

The last octet of the IP address and the rotary node number switches need to match.

Try setting the node number switches, cycle power on the cpu and see if that solves the issue.

Could you be a little more specific if you can? I am not yet familiar with this hardware as I am used to Allen Bradley software and equipment.

If you have not reviewed the W472 manual, you really need to look at it.

On the front of the processor there are three rotary switches.

One marked Unit No.  That sets the CPU Bus Unit Number.

There are two switches marked Node No.  one indicates 16^1  the other 16^0.  These set the FINS Node number.

Theses are set in HEX.  They need to be set to the same value as the last octet of the IP address.

Edited by gtsuport

Found out the problem after. Maybe this is helpful for anyone else.

This was a new CPU so I had to set the nodes again. So I wanted an address of 192.168.xx.250 so 250 in hex was FA. After I set the rotary node switches, I matched the unit number and IP address configured in the I/O table. Once that was done I just input my default gateway and subnet then uploaded all of it to the PLC using USB. After that, I was able to connect via ethernet with no errors.