PenneyInstruments

Particulate Measurement In CX Programmer?

4 posts in this topic

I am currently in the process of an efficiency project for a company looking to measure at what point their process starts to create particulate (in this case, smoke) so we can accurately defer the smoke into a combustion chamber to be burnt off. My question is, is it possible to use the Dywer SERIES PMT2 Particulate Transmitter for our measurements using a CJ2M-CPU33 Omron Controller and CX Programmer.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/PDS/DS_PMT2Rev.1.pdf

If we can use this, I am wondering which cards I would have to get for communication to this transmitter? CUrrently I have analog in and out, (DA041 and AD081-V1), and digital in and out, (ID211 and OC201).

Any information on getting this sensor set up is appreciated. I am not familiar with this type of process control. *****FYI If this is not the correct topic to post this, please move it to the correct one.*****

Edited by PenneyInstruments

Your AD081 module should work fine. Just set one input up as 4-20ma current loop and connect the sensor according to the dwyer wiring diagram..

Don't forget to turn on the current/voltage switch for that input which is located behind the terminal block.