ShaneP

PL7-07 Software (Program Compare)

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am working at a company that has a paint booth that is rather outdated. It has 10 robots in the booth and the safety circuit for each robot is controlled by a Modicon Nano TSX PLC. I have managed to successfully download the programs with the PL7-07 software (managed to do it on a laptop with window XP). We have some back up programs that were taken roughly 4 years ago and I would like to load them both up on the software and compare them. Is this function possible and if so how do I do it?

Thanks 

Shane

Edited by ShaneP

That device is not rated for safety control and you should immediately look at replacing it with an actual safety PLC, designed for the task at hand.

I will try to look at my old PL7 stuff tonight and see, but I thought there was a compare option.  Haven't touched that software in about 15 years.

Thanks for that info I will look into this. I understand the software is massively outdated! I have had a bit of a task trying to locate the software to download the programs, but finally done. Any advice on how to compare is greatly appreciated.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, it seems I no longer have a copy of that software.

1 person likes this