Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huy doan

Rslogic 5000 v20.01 Security

3 posts in this topic

Dear all;

I want to authorize users on a computer.

For example, only the Engineering account can use Rslogic5000 to download the program to the PLC, Others acc is only operate on factory talk view but can't use Rslogic 5000 to download.

I read in Factory talk security document. There is Windows-linked user accounts but I don't know how to apply it to this situation.

Please guide me. We use Rslogic 5000 version 20.01.

This is a multi-part task.  First, you have to setup security account levels in the PC that has RSLogix5000 (or Studio5000 as it is now known).  After PC security levels are created, you can add user accounts and link these user accounts to a security level.  Next, in the FactoryTalk View SE application, you edit the project to link the Windows security levels to your project.  Finally, the last piece of the pie is to lock down certain features within your FTView SE application to have priveleges linked to the security levels.

Consider the features that will be locked to higher login account authorization, if these features are to be hidden or greyed-out (i.e., visible but locked).  I like the idea of greyed out as it gives a visual indication that something is there but your login account does not give me access to it.

Attached is a Work Instruction that we used for a similar task.  Start small...get the PC login accounts setup in the Windows PC; add something to your FTView SE application that echoes back who is logged in or the security level they are logged in as, verify your login levels, then start adding animation to link features to the login account levels.

Work Instruction - Allen-Bradley FactoryTalkView SE Security.doc

Get away from version 20.01. Upgrade to 20.04

20.01 & 20.03 created headaches for end users.