kumarsaurab92@gmail.com

Communication Between Two VFD

6 posts in this topic

Hi i am currently working on a PU foaming machine actually Machine have itself one 4Meter conveyor and speed of that conveyor autamatic adjusting depending on Density of foam.

after machine i have 3 conveyor where finish product will transfer so i need that speed of machine Conveyor and that Extra 3 conveyor should be same so how this is possible.

(Actually i need Feed back from  machine conveyor VFD to  other Conveyor VFD)

The majority of VFD's have an analogue output. Connect the Analogue output of drive 1 to the the analog input of drive 2. Then AOUT 2 to AIN 3 etc....

As mentioned the Analog will work.

Are these VFDs on any network to PLC?

If so this could potentially be done in the software.

Thanks sir for replying

But In my case analog input method will not work because both Motor Have Different RPM 

(Actualley I am planning to take deta from VFD-1 and After Mathematical Operation Put In VFD -2)

Is this possible by interfacing Some PLC or HMI.(actulley i have to take deta from VFD-1 and send to VFD-2,VFD-3,VFD-4,VFD-5,VFD-6)

If the RPM difference is a ratio, the analog signals can usually be scaled in most drives.  In other words, VFD1 would send a 0-10V signal that correlates to 0-1800RPM.  VFD2 would receive that signal and interpret it as 0-10V = 0-1700RPM.  Or whatever min/max you set.

In my experience, the analog signal (both input and output) is proportional to how fast the motor is going (or how fast it's being told to go) within its adjustable min/max RPM parameters.