Loki_

Conveyor belt help (Ladder diagram)

13 posts in this topic

Hi, im currently working on a small task the i need some help with. 

Essentially i need to start a conveyor belt when a few conditions are met e.g.: A certain temperature is reached etc ...

If someone who has knowledge of how to write up a ladder diagram for this could you please private message me and i will give you more details.

We charge for such services.

However, if you post what you have done so far, we will help you to write it.

Edited by Ron_S

Sounds like a flowpacker project ?

Just now, Gambit said:

Sounds like a flowpacker project ?

Not sure what thats is .. its for school work 

Not sure what thats is .. its for school work 

That was pretty much assumed from your original question. I think you'll find that if you try to do the work and have a specific question that several members will go out of their way to help. If your request is simply "please do my work" you probably won't get much help here.

Essentially i need to start a conveyor belt when a few conditions are met e.g.: A certain temperature is reached etc ...

First think through what all your inputs will be (what's the etc) and what will be your output. 

1 person likes this

Just now, titanspark76 said:

That was pretty much assumed from your original question. I think you'll find that if you try to do the work and have a specific question that several members will go out of their way to help. If your request is simply "please do my work" you probably won't get much help here.

First think through what all your inputs will be (what's the etc) and what will be your output. 

Made a rough start but im not sure if its correct.. http://imgur.com/a/Y6yr3

The question is 

"At switch on the system must be reset and a heater is started to heat the base solution."

"When the set point temperature is reached the heater will switch off and a conveyor system, on which the mixing elements are situated, is switched on."

"Once six mixing elements have been despatched into the base solution the conveyor system must stop and a 30 second delay must elapse to allow the mixing elements to dissolve completely."

So far i think I've managed to start the conveyor 

Edited by Loki_

First of all, the stop condition (x001) needs to be Negated at the self latching part at the end. Try to write the code yourself and as the other members said, if you ask a certain question a lot of us will try to help if know how.

Some tips: You need a word (D1 for example) to have the temperature and need to use compare instrusctions for the temperature condition. If you need to write the whole project with the temperature reading and all then you need to take the manual from Mitsubishi that is specific for the Temperature reading module and it has SW examples on how to read the temperature.  

I would start with an I/O list first and move after to variables needed. Then writing the code will be easy.

Edited by Andrei Blagaila

I suspect as this is a school project - they won't require using A to D units for the temperature readings.

More likely a bit/input to say temperature reached (as in temperature controller or thermostat )

On 26/04/2017 at 9:37 AM, Andrei Blagaila said:

First of all, the stop condition (x001) needs to be Negated at the self latching part at the end. Try to write the code yourself and as the other members said, if you ask a certain question a lot of us will try to help if know how.

Some tips: You need a word (D1 for example) to have the temperature and need to use compare instrusctions for the temperature condition. If you need to write the whole project with the temperature reading and all then you need to take the manual from Mitsubishi that is specific for the Temperature reading module and it has SW examples on how to read the temperature.  

I would start with an I/O list first and move after to variables needed. Then writing the code will be easy.

Thanks for the feedback 

6 hours ago, Ron_S said:

More likely a bit/input to say temperature reached (as in temperature controller or thermostat )

Correct

if it is not a "real life" project you can physically see, then i find it easier to visualize if i draw it out. so draw your tank and conveyor, a temperature sensor etc.

once you have drawn it, you can label the inputs/outputs and then work your way from there to achieve the outcome.

as others have said, we are more than welcome to help if you have a go first

On 04/05/2017 at 4:19 PM, dunc said:

if it is not a "real life" project you can physically see, then i find it easier to visualize if i draw it out. so draw your tank and conveyor, a temperature sensor etc.

once you have drawn it, you can label the inputs/outputs and then work your way from there to achieve the outcome.

as others have said, we are more than welcome to help if you have a go first

Ok thanks for the feedback, this seems like a good place to start 

The temp sounds crucial to the process so there will need to be conditions to monitor and reengage the heater to maintain that temp as the solution cools due to the parts being introduced. You will also want to monitor and interrupt the various motors for overload conditions.

Think of everything that can go wrong and include safeguards to protect the machine.