Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amol Kirad

AB Ethernet Port Problem.

11 posts in this topic

Dear All,

I am using 1769 L32E PLC which is 4-5 years Old and Software version is 18.01.

I am communicating 4 Cognex scanner and 4 HMI on Ethernet Port.Also I am saving cycle parameter in Server using Kepware. Server programming is done in .net.

Recently I am facing communication problem with Allen bradly PLC as It is not able to communicate on with any device on Ethernet IP.

What could be reason Please help me.1.JPG.1c7765093713b1b83976b876fcd4c1ed.J

2.JPG

Your screenshot of RSLinx shows all the DataMan and PV+ and CompactLogix devices coming up in the RSLinx browse, and your screenshot of RSLogix 5000 shows all the I/O objects in their normal state with no faults.

Explain what the symptoms are of your controller not being able to communicate "with any device".    It looks like it's communicating fine.

Hi ken,

Firstly I would like to thank you for reply.

Basically I have 1 PLC and it's controlling 4 machine/Station.Each station consist of 1 HMI and Scanner .In addition with I have connected server(programmed in .net ) through kepware server.At end of cycle of any machine I am saving some product parameter in server.(30 tags/Product ) .Whenever server wants to write/read some bits/bytes to PLC,It doesn't response soon.

And Kepware is showing message that Station XX is not responding.And at that time is not even communicating  through the RXlogix 5000 on Ethernet but Local DIDO/AIAO are working fine .And It doesn't response to any other HMI/Scanner.After some time any how it again come Live on Ethernet or we have to switch of To switch on the PLC.

Main concern is that It is having Ethernet communication problem  when ever it is tries to communicate with server or Scanner or HMI.

Thanks 

For instances in which the data server is to be archiving Events and not Continuous Data, you may want to consider adding handshaking for the writing and verification of data.  If each station is to transmit Event data at the end of a process, it appears that the data server is not seeing the Event trigger.

If the data is important, tossing it over the fence (for the data server to archive) may not be the most robust approach.

Are there any other devices connected to this network, or only the devices seen by RSLinx in your above screenshot?

What Ethernet switch model are you using?

This is main kepware I am communicating with AB PLC.

More than 120 Tags I am reading at a time.

Kepware.thumb.png.b8bed52162ee0c1af7f717

The bottom status-pane in KEPServer is telling you alot of information...IP 192.168.1.100 is not responding.  The KEP server is having trouble communicating with all of your IP devices, and specifically 192.168.1.100.  

Have you investigated your Ethernet network?  Does this network reside on your company LAN or is it an isolated island?  Does your process have a managed Ethernet switch?

At first glance, your issue appears to be inability to manage the network traffic of this control network (KEP Server wants to pull data, but cannot make a connection).

Thanks.

I have created 4 channels on single IP 192.168.1.100 in KepServer.(Ch : MA30a,MA30b,CA20a,CA30b) which is AB PLC.

It is Isolated LAN from the company but it contains Mitsubishi PLC's and HMI's.(Q series(2) and Fx Series(1) PLC and beijer electronics HMI Qty (2)) in a network.

I am using unmanaged Switch in Network.

Also,  AB PLC(Ch : MA30a,MA30b,CA20a,CA30b) is connected to 4 cognex scanner as you can see from Image.

Your network is (1) KEP Server, (1) A-B Logix PLC, (3) Mitsubishi PLCs, (2) Mitsubishi HMIs, and (4) Cognex scanners; this system has been in operation, but network connectivity problems have started in which the KEP Server.  The KEP Server is the first to tell you there is a problem - it is saying it cannot do what you have programmed it to do in the time available.  

Do you need all of the KEP Server data with 100ms scan rate?  Easing up the burden of your KEP Server may help.

The KEP Server...is this PC healthy?  Anti-virus up to date, software firewall enabled?  Run WireShark and sniff out any threats sucking up bandwidth.

You most likely have an unmanaged traffic problem.  Suggestion is to go back and read A-B's Ethernet design recommendations.   Suggestion also is to change to a managed Ethernet switch.   http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/enet-rm002_-en-p.pdf

changing the ethernet switch is more expensive here.

If i decreased the scan rate in kepware will it affect the system?

Also, the problem has been reduced as I have deleted those 3 channels and kept only 1 channel it affect the system.

Meanwhile, I remove those cognex scanners from the Hardware.(not from AB software ).

It does affect but still, sometimes it loses network when we are pinging it from the command prompt.

Channel 1.JPG

Scan mode.JPG