kc409usa

panelview 550 touch screen

9 posts in this topic

I am attempting to access the configuration screen of a panelview 550 touch screen.  Instructions say to hold left and right arrow keys at same time.  There are no arrow keys on the screen.  Any help would be appriciated.

This may take a few times to get it. Just keep trying.

To access Configuration Mode on touch screen terminals: • press the GoTo Config. Screen button on application screen or • press the filled box in the lower right corner of the screen during powerup

Edited by Mickey
1 person likes this

If the HMI application developer added a Go To Configuration Mode button, typically on a security-level screen, that is all you need.  Press the button to exit the application and lead you to the configuration menu.

If you have a keypad terminal, with hard keys on the HMI face...one would press and hold the left and right arrow keys at the same time; refer to page 72  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

If you have a touch terminal, with no hard keys on the HMI face...when you power up the HMI, there will be a small white box in the lower-right corner (it will only be visible for a brief time); press the white box on power-up to halt the program application startup and navigate you to the configuration menu  http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=2329  If you miss the opportunity to press the white box, cycle power to the HMI and do it again.

2 people like this

Well this sounds like a winner, I have to return to the factory to try it or get the maintenance man to try it for me, but it sounds good.

There is a way to remotely make program changes.  It only requires a PC with an Internet-connection at the machine-site (that machine-site PC must have your A-B software on it).  I prefer to use TeamViewer.  Email or DropBox the project archives to the machine-site resource; walk them through downloading and installing TeamViewer; work out the logistics for the resource to allow you to remotely connect.

Thanks but we are not trying to change the programming, the unit is beginning to fail and we need to copy the program to a compact flash card and install it on a newer 550.  I got into the program mode with the help mentioned earlier but the only compact flash card we have right now is 64gigs and the machine can not use it, says 64megs is limit.  The search goes on now.  Is teamviewer available?  Maybe I can copy the program through the ethernet port.  Thanks in advance.

Maybe I can copy the program through the ethernet port.

What is the complete catalog number of your PV?

On a Panelview Plus 600 i have done this if it has a usb port. You can put this on a USB stick and it should take the .mer file thats on the panel and copy it to the USB for you as soon as you plug it into the panel.  If you dont have a USB port this can be done with a flash storage card i believe too. just change the last part of the code that says \USB Storage\ to \Storage Card 2\ ( i THINK its storage card 2, it may be storage card 1 youd have to try it out and see what happens)

write this code in notepad.  save as autrun.bat then transfer that onto a USB stick.  4gb or less, FAT16 format so the PVP recognizes it.  

copy "\Application Data\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime\*.mer" "\USB Storage\"
pause

when inserted into the panelview the windows ce command line editor will pop and and it will say if the process described above executed properly or not, itll say hit any key to continue at the bottom of the text on screen, upper right hand corner there is an X to close that screen, tap that and youre all done.  

1 person likes this

On 4/10/2017 at 3:23 AM, kaiser_will said:

If the HMI application developer added a Go-To Configuration Mode button, typically on a security-level screen, that is all you need.  Press the button to exit the application and lead you to the configuration menu.

If you have a keypad terminal, with hard keys on the HMI face...one would press and hold the left and right arrow keys at the same time; refer to page 72  http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/2711-um014_-en-p.pdf

If you have a touch terminal, with no hard keys on the HMI face...when you power up the HMI, there will be a small white box in the lower-right corner (it will only be visible for a brief time); press the white box on power-up to halt the program application startup and navigate you to the configuration menu  http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=2329  If you miss the opportunity to press the white box, cycle power to the HMI and do it again.

very useful, My HMI can go to Configuration Mode by the press and hold the left and right arrow keys at the same time.