Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

Addressing

5 posts in this topic

Hoping someone can help me on this. I'm trying to address a tag array in a CompactLogix processor using Wonderware Intouch. The address in the plc is AlarmFlags[0] but this is not a valid

Wonderware address. I've done this in the past but I don't remember the syntax.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob.

It's been a long time since I've worked with InTouch but if I remember correctly there is an offset for the index of an array i.e. AlarmFlags[0] in the PLC would translate to AlarmFlags[1] in InTouch.

The info you are looking for should be in the documentation for the driver you are using. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cheers

Guy

sorry newbie....it isn't that simple.....the '[' character is not valid for addressing in Intouch.

mmm As I said it has been a while since I use InTouch.

have you tried creating an alias for the array inside the DASABCIP driver? I assume you are using this driver.

beyond that  I will need more information about the system. PLC model and firmware, InTouch version, driver type etc.

Edited by Wild
additional info.

On 4/6/2017 at 10:06 AM, rswolff said:

sorry newbie....it isn't that simple.....the '[' character is not valid for addressing in Intouch.

Wow, that is kind of rude. You asked for help. He was trying to remember and help you, and then you reply with a "sorry newbie" comment.