FasPro

Problem with TIME variables

5 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone,

I have one problem with my program (I am using S7 1214 DC/DC/DC). I am creating a program for measuring total time between some actions for three work shifts. Variables %MD1, %MD2 and %MD3 are used for total time. Time is measured with three TONR timers. Problem is that after the timer the variables are changing but when I monitor variables in tag table it doesn't change at all. Also, in further program these variables aren't changing. I have attached also a picture. In the main program %MD1 has a value of 32s961ms and in the tag table %MD1 has a avalue of 0ms. I can't figure it out where could be a problem.

Screenshot_1.png

I haven't used Portal much, but in Simatic Manager you can create a "Monitor/Modify" table of tags to look at.  You have to tell it to go online to monitor actual values.  Does the tag database window in Portal have a similar button to click to make it monitor online? 

Yes, I have already click monitor and this is monitored values.

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure the timer address isn't being used twice in the code.  Failing that, I would submit a support ticket with Siemens.

Check your addressing.

you have "overlapping" data areas!

1 person likes this