mazen_abs

Can I download program to FX5U By SD card

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been sent a zipped file over email to unpack and put on an SD for tranferring to FX5U-32M PLC that currently has working code on. I unpacked the file and put it onto the SD card. 

The procedure seems to be almost fool proof, however I am getting an error LED when I switch the PLC back on. I havent got the Mitsubishi software to hand and havent used this method before, am I missing something?

I tired having the folder with the contents on the SD card and then just the contents not in a folder on the SD card to no avail. Both error. Could I have been sent a corrupt/incorrect file or do I need to wipe the PLC's current code before it'll look at the SD card for a program? 

Does it have to be a specific spec SD card?

Any advice would be nice, thank you!

Yotis

Edited by Yotis
additional question

I would suspect the new program is corrupt or has faults in it.

Ask them to send it again.

On 6/21/2019 at 0:00 PM, Yotis said:

Hello,

I have been sent a zipped file over email to unpack and put on an SD for tranferring to FX5U-32M PLC that currently has working code on. I unpacked the file and put it onto the SD card. 

The procedure seems to be almost fool proof, however I am getting an error LED when I switch the PLC back on. I havent got the Mitsubishi software to hand and havent used this method before, am I missing something?

I tired having the folder with the contents on the SD card and then just the contents not in a folder on the SD card to no avail. Both error. Could I have been sent a corrupt/incorrect file or do I need to wipe the PLC's current code before it'll look at the SD card for a program? 

Does it have to be a specific spec SD card?

Any advice would be nice, thank you!

Yotis

Dear,

for that once you have to store program by using GX wrks3. in tool>>Write to SD card.

& Thea follow your procedure. 

1 person likes this