Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourdigger

Upgrading from Panelbuilder32 to Panelview Plus Issues

3 posts in this topic

I am a begiiner at this so please bear with me. Recently we replaced a HMI that had gone out and we upgraded to a fairly newer version our old unit was a PanelView 600 and we upgraded to a PanelView Plus 700. I thought the process was going to be straight forward just swap and go boy was I mistaken not only was the panel a upgrade but we had to get new editing software. So I took the pba. file and converted it to a Factory Talk mer. file I thought I had completed the task after converting the file I got the following messages.

Screen 1 - RECEIVING: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (226, 63).
Screen 1 - RECEIVING: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (140, 35).
Screen 2 - LOAD OUT: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (80, 30).
Screen 2 - LOAD OUT: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (226, 0).
Screen 2 - LOAD OUT: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (0, 120).
Screen 2 - LOAD OUT: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (0, 0).
Screen 2 - LOAD OUT: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (300, 120).
Screen 2 - LOAD OUT: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (273, 120).

So I continued with the file and then I went to the communications section and selected the target area and because we are using DH+ communications we installed a communication module to the panel and installed a resistor  as directed in the AB instructions. Now back to the software I selected the target area and added a driver for the DH+ then selected the DH+ and added another driver this time I selected the SLC 5/04 1747 L541. Then I went to the the shorcut area and added a shortcut to what I believe is the PLC we are connecting to then selected the driver and selected apply then I went and created a runtime application and saved it to a usb device and loaded it on to the panelview plus and when it runs all the tags show a erro such as the picture shows I uploaded I cant decide if it is a missing communication driver or a error in the programming would love to hear your thoughts on the issues. Thanks everyone for any posts you have

panel.jpg

When you configured the shortcut, more than likely you were on the "Design" tab in the right hand pane.  Once you have a viable shortcut assignment, you must copy the "design" tab to the "Runtime" tab, with a convient button for doing so.  THen recreated your MER and download to the PV+.  After reboot, see if you get data and the errors in the various objects go away.

Suggestion...surplus industrial electronics.  In cases where you have a failed HMI that is obsolete, and you have no replacement spare, your options are (a) upgrade [and live through the headache of software, operating systems, cables, etc.] or (b) purchase a surplus obsolete spare.  There are many companies that sell NOS (new old-stock, unopened or opened box) or used.  Many of these NOS or used items can be found easily on Amazon or eBay or whomever (Surplus Traders is an option).  https://www.surplustraders.net/industrial-equipment/allen-bradley

Note...most Rockwell/Allen-Bradley applications utilize RSLinx for the device communication layer.  There is just no way around not using it. 

FactoryTalk View is finicky with the RSLinx (communication) settings.  Imagine the scenario...a PanelView project was built on PC #1 with specific RSLinx settings; open the project on PC #2 but it expects to see the same RSLinx settings.  Refer to this recent thread.  http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/32065-restoring-pv-600-plus-communications/#comment-151985

Open the new project in FTView Studio; open the RSLinx settings; update the Design link to the correct PLC; copy the Design settings to the Runtime tab; save; download