1roddy

Software to read FX1S-30MR-DS

13 posts in this topic

Hello i am interested in just being able to read an FX series PLC. Is there any freeware available? Thank you!

1 person likes this

Do you have the source code (and what kind of software was used to program it in the first place)? Do you know how large the source code is in steps?

Read data or read program?  Read program answer is no, you need the software from Mitsubishi.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:46 AM, Crossbow said:

Read data or read program?  Read program answer is no, you need the software from Mitsubishi.

Id be happy reading the data i suppose.. I want to see the ladder logic to deterimne the inputs are required to get the outputs.

It depends what the PLC is programmed with. If it is programmed with MEDOC, you can easily read out the full program in ladder format. Read using MEDOC or GX Developer (you need an add-in for MEDOC in this case).

If it is programmed with a newer version of GX Works or similar, the short answer is no. You cannot read the ladder program from an FX-PLC. You can read what is inside and get the result in Structured Text, but you'll need Mitsubishi software for that anyway.

The programming has been on the PLC for at least a decade im sure.. I understand that GX Developer is a paid program is MEDOC freeware? I'll do some poking around as soon as i get a chance. Thanks for your help!

Hmm okey, then there is a major chance it is programmed with MEDOC. Do you have medoc? The one I can supply you with requires a 32-bit operating system affortunately. I Think there is some people who made it work on 64bit as well but I haven't had the opportunity to try that. Google it and it will lead you for sure!

I dont have MEDOC but i do have a laptop with 32bit operating system. I will try to find it before asking for more help.. thanks again!

OK. I have uploaded the MEDOC.exe file for you to download on the link below if someone else is looking for the same issue in the future. Note that this only works with 32-bit architecture on your operating system.

https://minfil.org/Pf67x3b6b9/MEDOC.EXE

1 person likes this

When i try to run MEDOC.EXE I keep getting medsock.dll not found error and cant seem to find this .dll file anywhere! Anyone know a fix?

Edited by 1roddy

It's highly improbable that an FX1s was programmed in anything other than medoc or gx/fx developer.

Medoc - which I believe is free on the internet and a cheap SC09 cable from ebay would get the program out for you to read or print (or alter)

A copy on my pc that I found

Cant vouch for its reliability but worth a try

Medoc 2.41.zip

1 person likes this

You can thank me later :)

1 person likes this

On 3/14/2017 at 2:30 AM, niklas said:

Sorry I am not very active.. i will give this a try when i find some time to play. Thanks Ron!

Edited by 1roddy