noorloai

Which plc is the best?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I would like to ask based on your experiance which plc is the best based on lifetime span over high tech feature?

If any one can help me / share with me his thought and some links to guides me through this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

The best PLC for you is the one that fits your needs, whose programming software is easy for you to master, whose technical support meets your expectations. Note that it might not be the best PLC for me. In fact, it might not even be the best PLC for your employer or customer. When that is the case, you just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Consider this. If there is one single best PLC, why are there so many different people making them? I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "lifetime span over high tech feature".

1 person likes this

If your concern is really "how long will it last?" the answer is that almost any PLC will last longer than the development tools. I am still keeping two Windows 98 notebooks alive to support some PLCs that were developed using DOS based software. Those PLC's will outlast the notebooks!

17 hours ago, noorloai said:

which plc is the best based on lifetime span over high tech feature?

I actually do have a comment on this one. To start with I'm a Mitsubishi guy just so you know. At least in Europe Mitsubishi has not pulled or replaced any hardware-series of components for the last decades. Some of the other brands have actually had series of equipment fail and replaced them on a large scale. I'm only talking for Europe, so I don't know how it is other places.

On the other hand, the problem with Mitsubishi is that they seldom release the "high tech" feature immediately. They're always slow, and can be behind other major brands when looking at the "high tech" feature on everything. Mitsubishi are a very slow-moving organization due to the extensive testing before the products are released on the market.

But in general, I would pick whatever suits you just as the others are writing. And when it comes to lifespan all the major brands seem to have a long good lifespan (just as @Mendon Systems are writing).

Asking which brand is the best would be the same as asking which candy tastes the best; you'll get different answers from everyone!

Hi, I found this list:

• EU/USA PLC:Siemens,Rockwell,Schneider,LS,Emerson,ABB
  • Japan PLC: Mitsubishi, Omron, GE-Fanuc, Fuji,
  • Panasonic PLC  etc.
  • Taiwan PLC: Delta, FATEK
  • China Mainland PLC: Kinco, Inovance

so what functions decide the PLC’s features?

1. First, the system scale, how many points the PLC need.
  2. Two, determine the load type, AC or DC output, High Current or Low current, Relay output or transistor Output.
  3. Three, storage capacity and speed.

What you want to do is to look at the PLC’s that are being used in your area. What manufacturer is the most common? What are the models that they are using? What programming language is being used?

This will help to ensure that the PLC that you install, is supported both by the manufacturer and support personnel throughout its life. 

Just some thoughts.
Regards,
Garry

Right, the best PLC for you is the one that fits your needs and is suitable for your project.