ianreeves

OEE Measurements

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just wanted some advice. Has anyone done any OEE measurement / calculations. I'm leaning to using MES then maybe using Excel to gather and process the numbers.

I'd guess we have 20-30 systems to monitor all using L or Q series PLC's with either GT25 or GT27 HMI's

Cheers

Not exactly sure what you're asking here; are you wondering about the math calculations, or the measurements/collection/gathering of data?

Ian,

You will need to display this Data anyway, Why don't you use use MAPS (SCADA) this has OEE calcluation feature built in and also easy Database functionality.

The OEE is very easy to setup you only need a few tags from the PLC, the machine production specification and set-up the work shifts that are used at the site.

All the reports can be accessed via the IIS and is real time OEE data can be displayed on a scada page. 

If you need more info let me know.

When your customer sees the actual OEE data it should be an easy sell for Alarm alarm management so he can improve these figures/his production.

OEE.JPG

OEE_2.JPG

Edited by Gambit

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

Ian,

You will need to display this Data anyway, Why don't you use use MAPS (SCADA) this has OEE calcluation feature built in and also easy Database functionality.

The OEE is very easy to setup you only need a few tags from the PLC, the machine production specification and set-up the work shifts that are used at the site.

All the reports can be accessed via the IIS and is real time OEE data can be displayed on a scada page. 

If you need more info let me know.

When your customer sees the actual OEE data it should be an easy sell for Alarm alarm management so he can improve these figures/his production.

OEE.JPG

OEE_2.JPG

What melsec software is this please mate? It looks like exactly what we use, but pay a BIG licencing fee for...

MAPS is a Mitsubishi Adroit process suite 

https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/products/hmi/scada/

You can use this as a standard SCADA but also you can also work object orientated and generate the PLC code and faceplates.
They have some great tools integrated like OEE but also HTML5 web (performance anywhere).

The list price in NL for an Unlimited OEE License is € 5794 you will also need a normal server license but you only need a few IO signals from the PLC.

If you need some specific info just send me a PM

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

Hi Guys

I have used this software a few times and as Gambit say, it has a build-in object model and according to what type of functionality you want (example cc-link drive faceplate) can be create from a first principal view or view bulk configuration in excel. This will then build all the graphics for you, set up alarming and logging and scanning to the PLC. It will also create the function blocks for each of the device, example I have 5 cc-link drives, it will create for each one a function block. All you need to do is to configure it control and interlocking in the PLC. PLC programing can be done either in GX Works 2 or GX Developer.

I have a client that are using the OEE function in such a way that they can calculate what their cost per product is in energy and how efficient they are running their production lines. Then they are using the Alarm Management to help with preventative maintenance. Nice little setup they have with the software.

Feel free to ask any questions if you do have.