kav

Q03UDVCPU UDP Connection

10 posts in this topic

Is there someone who has well known of UDP socket communication between Q03UDv CPU or Q03UDV and LCPU?

I try to establish a socket between 2 Q03UDV cpus. Inittially evrything goes ok but after some days of well communication the socket breaks down. The connected HMI (GT1675) becomes inactive or responds extra too slow. In order to re-establish the socket comm i have to reset the cpus. I think it is ubnormal!!!

Attached you can find the program of socket connection

Do you know if the SC_SOCOPEN and SC_SOCCLOSE  instructions are requested? According to the manual "Q PLC Comm Via Bulit In Ethernet Port - 01042010 SH(NA)080811 Version C) on page 3-35 I think that instructions are not requested

Thank you in advance for any help!

socket_1.jpg

socket_2.jpg

Just out of curiosity If you have an L-serie CPU. Why don't you use the simple PLC communication  Setting?

When you use UDP the port should be open automatically so there is no need for open processing

Edited by Gambit

Gambit tank you for your reply!

What exactly do you mean with PLC communication settings?

I have some sockets like Q03UDV<--->Q03UDV or Q03UDV<--->LCPU

In cpus with Sockets  that does not work I get the error code 4184h from one side and 4188h from the other side. You can find attached a plc ethernet diagnostics screenshot with error codes (Q03UDV<--->Q03UDV).

Thank you again!

socket.jpg

Just open a L-series project go to the plc parameter setting =>Built in ethernet tab

There you will see a button for Simple PLC communication setting.

This is an easy way to share data between PLC's. Also FX!!!

Unfortunately this function is not available in de QnUDV CPU so when it's only QnUDV and QnUDV without an L-series you cannot use this function.  

The problem with the error 4188 is that you have is that you are sending so many requests or faster than it's being read from the other side.
Since you mention the communication is not working I expect that you do not have a program on the receiving side for the communication processing or it is not working correctly

Error 4188 is a hardware issue.
・Check that the power supply module and the CPU module are mounted/connected properly.
・Check that the system is operating within the general specifications of the CPU module.
・Check whether the power capacity is sufficient.
・Reset the CPU module.
・Execute again. If the same error code is displayed, the cause is a hardware failure of the CPU module. Please consult your local Mitsubishi representative

Gambit I must apologize to you for wrong info that provide to you. I accidentally wrote  that the error code is 4188. It is FAULSE. The error code as you can see in the above atached file is 4181 from one side of socket and 4184 from the other side of socket.. 

That mean an unsuccessful transmission to receiving module

・Check the external device operation.
・Check the status of devices (such as cables, hubs, and routers) on the line to the external devices.
・Some line packets may be engaged. Retry to communicate a little while later.
・The receiving module may have no free space in receive area (TCP window size is small). Check whether the receiving module processes receive data, or whether the CPU module does not send unnecessary data.
・Check whether the settings of the subnet mask pattern and the default router IP address of the CPU module and the receiving modules are correct, or whether the class of the IP address is correct.
・Check whether the IP address specified as target is correct.

Hi Gambit

None possible cause from the list meets my case...Everything seems to be ok!

How can I clear the receive area? Is there any special instruction?

probably but it shouldn't be necessary. How can you be certain that this isn't the case  ? Are you sending continuously or do use a bit to send data.