Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

From PM this morning

12 posts in this topic

I just had a question about the CS1G CPU43 and a on a time restraint. I have read the manual and found that to connect to this I need a  CS1W-CIF31 an a  XW2Z-500S-CV 9 pin female and male. Unfortunately I don't have the CS1W-CIF31 so I used a third party connector a sabrent usb to serial connector. After installing the drivers for the usb converter I plug it in and the indicator PRPHL/COMM lights up yellow, so I know I am using the correct cable. When I click auto connect on CX-Programmer, the PRPHL/COMM starts blinking which means the two devices are trying to communicate with each other but I am still getting a PLC failed to connect.  I also connected the PLC directly to the PC using the XW2Z-500S-VC but had the same problem so I don't believe the usb converter is the issue here. Do you have any solutions to this problem? Manually connecting via cx-programmer does not work as well. I am running the latest CX-Pogrammer trial version on windows 7.

1.  Are you using auto online? Yes

2.  Are you choosing the right COM port? Yes

3,  Is Dip Switch number 5 to the On position?

1. Yes using auto online/direct online, have also tried creating a new project, selecting the correct CPU and network setting 

2. Com port is correct, I have tried multiple usb slots, installed all the correct drivers (Prolific usb to serial)

3. Dip switch is on number 5. Seems when I turn it off the COMM indicator goers off so I leave it on.

Win 7 32 bit?

Win 7 64 bit?

Have tried on both windows 8 64bit and windows 7 64 bit. Using the latest trial version in CX-programmer.

You may need 64 bit drivers for the sabrent usb converter.

Can you drop back to Win32 OS?

Did you buy a XW2Z-500S-CV cable or make one?

I have downloaded the 64 bit drivers for the sabrent usb converter, and I currently don't have any 32 bit computers available (I have vmware, I may be able to try that). The thing is with the XW2Z-500S-CV cable is that I was given those cables that the school had used a couple years back, and the way they did it was just to connect it the way I have now. I have asked them and they are not sure either. They did have windows XP back then but since I have the latest cx-programmer version that should not be a problem right?  

I also connected the PLC directly to the PC using the XW2Z-500S-VC but had the same problem

Do you have a serial port on your PC?

Yes basically I'm testing it on two computers. My newer laptop does not have a serial port so I'm using that Sabrent, and on the older computer it has a male 9 pin serial port. Both yield the same results in terms of the COMMS indicator lighting up. 

Are you sure that your cable is using this pin out?

XW2Z-x00S.pdf

Yes I'm sure that I am using the  XW2Z-500S-CV cable with the same pinouts.

Capture.PNG

Anybody else following this thread?  I'm out of solutions.

On 2/11/2017 at 2:29 AM, valerianlin said:

3. Dip switch is on number 5. Seems when I turn it off the COMM indicator goers off so I leave it on.

The COMM indicator on the PLC should actually OFF before we're attempting any connection, eventhough the cable is plugged-in. The DIP Switch itself should be turned on, but in this case I think there is improper wire connection or pull-ups somewhere that caused the COMM Line to went High before it's time.

I had similar issues when using Symbol's Barcode Reader before and still haven't found any solution to it aside from changing the Barcode Brand...