moamed

Check statue of Read_Var connection OK or NOT ??

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody
I'm sorry for annoying you 
but I have a question and hope you can help me
I using read_var in unity pro software and connect to 9 devices
I want away or a bit to indicate statue of communication to show in HMI to make an Alarm in case of lost connection with any device.  

I try to use communication report of Management parameters and make an IF statement to compare it's value to zero and if it remain to Zero for 2 seconds it mean connection OK, and if communication report value change to any value except Zero it main connection fail.

but it doesn't work well. 

any suggestions please.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:52 PM, moamed said:

Hi everybody
I'm sorry for annoying you 
but I have a question and hope you can help me
I using read_var in unity pro software and connect to 9 devices
I want away or a bit to indicate statue of communication to show in HMI to make an Alarm in case of lost connection with any device.  

I try to use communication report of Management parameters and make an IF statement to compare it's value to zero and if it remain to Zero for 2 seconds it mean connection OK, and if communication report value change to any value except Zero it main connection fail.

but it doesn't work well. 

any suggestions please.

Hi there,

What kind of communication link type you used (Mudbus RTU/RS485 or Ethernet) ?

And, can you give more detail about the devices (PLC or other devices) ?

If use Ethernet, an other solution for read_var here, you can use I/O scanning feature, and this feature can use not only for link between PLCs, but another device like power meter, etc also can be used, as long as use modbus-TCP protocol. I already use this feature for PLC to PLC, PLC to PowerMeter, PLC to NARI-RTU, and working well. I think more simple than read_var function block.

Edited by Azdi Mus