Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frans van Enschot

Beckhoff 2.11 simulation mode

5 posts in this topic

All,

When i work with a 2.11 IDE from beckhoff in simulation mode i must everytime when i change a input give a write commando.

I think it must be possible that the outputs changed automaticly when i give or change an input.

What do i wrong??

best regards

Frans

You have to program that in the PLCControl... once you have it programmed then it will work.

Could you explain that a little bit more?

Hi Joan,

What i mean is the following.

I have write a program in ladder.

I put the program in simulation mode.

after i click on an input i expected that the output that act on that input wil react directly.

Now i must before the output react on the switch give every time a write commando.

i think that is not normal. 

I don't know if I understand you (sorry, my English is not my best)...

But in CodeSys (and of course in TwinCAT), when you want to change the value of a bool/bit variable, you click it with the mouse and you can see how the prepared value gets changed.

In order to get the value written or forced to the input this is not enough so you will have to write or force the value.

Keep in mind that if you only write it, at the next scan cycle the value (if it depends on an input) it will be overwritten again, so the recommendation in those cases is usually forcing the variable...

Notice that even if you force a variable, if during your code you change it's value the force will be lost until the next scan cycle happens.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Joan, that is wat i want know. Always to commando's. select first and then write or forced.

It is much easier by other plc's

there you can click the switch and the output changed directly.

I could believe that i needed two commands.

thanks for your help

frans